EmuNewz Network
Digimon World Re:Digitize - NPJH50588 - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Commercial Game Discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Forum: JPCSP - Playable Games (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Thread: Digimon World Re:Digitize - NPJH50588 (/showthread.php?tid=69706)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Digimon World RE: Digitize. - NPJH50588 - ronpetit - 07-28-2012

(07-28-2012, 04:37 PM)serio Wrote: latest version's at http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/

as for testing, your description's not really helpful. you should be posting logs, not describing what you see, the emulator devs usually don't have the game you're playing so they can't see it for themselves.

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=70898 guide how to make/post a log.

Fine, i was playing and after a time the whole emulator crashed and send me and error, look it, also i caught all the in game errors on the log

.rar   log.rar (Size: 21.61 KB / Downloads: 86)

RE: Digimon World RE: Digitize. - NPJH50588 - Romsstar - 07-28-2012

Made a log.

Title Screen is not loaded, often Music is not playing,
and all icons get replaced by the same.
Textboxes are also screwed up. But I think the error is always the same:

<td title="Message" class="message">Replacing CodeBlock at 0x089C3380 by Native Code 'nop'</td>

For the opening,

<td title="Message" class="message">PSMF Player Data: displayBuffer=0x91158e0, displayBufferSize=0x300000, playbackThreadPriority=0x1e</td>

<td title="hle.scePsmfPlayer category">hle.scePsmfPlayer</td>
<td title="Message" class="message">'disc0:/PSP_GAME/USRDIR/movie/opening.pmf' PSMF file loaded.</td>
</tr>

Either too small buffer, wrong loading method. The Emulator is replacing evertything with native code and this causes that every icon looks the same.

I could live with the opening being screwed up but I would really ask the developers to fix the other thing since our Translator team (we are translating the game into english) can't really betatest our translation if every icon is looking the same.

Would really ask you to fix it.

RE: Digimon World RE: Digitize. - NPJH50588 - damicore - 07-28-2012

What do you mean by the title screen not loading? It loads perfectly for me.
Did you mean the intro movie?
What are your settings Romsstar?
Don't you get the missing polygons on character portraits?

RE: Digimon World Digitize. - NPJH50588 - Romsstar - 07-28-2012

(07-28-2012, 08:53 PM)damicore Wrote: What do you mean by the title screen not loading? It loads perfectly for me.

No background I mean. Only white with the options to select.
And yeah I mean the intro which is only vertical lines.
I haven't paid attention to that yet, the all icons are the same problem makes the game hardly playable though and I'm sure the developers could fix it easly if they wanted to...

RE: Digimon World Digitize. - NPJH50588 - damicore - 07-28-2012

(07-28-2012, 09:02 PM)Romsstar Wrote:
(07-28-2012, 08:53 PM)damicore Wrote: What do you mean by the title screen not loading? It loads perfectly for me.

No background I mean. Only white with the options to select.
And yeah I mean the intro which is only vertical lines.
I haven't paid attention to that yet, the all icons are the same problem makes the game hardly playable though and I'm sure the developers could fix it easly if they wanted to...

I don't get a white BG screen in the title screen, it displays perfectly for me with the proper settings as per the first posts, I get some invisible polygons in character's models with these settings though.
The problem is that JPCSP has like only 1 active dev at the moment and that is GID and I'm sure it is hard to cope with all the bugs in the forums for only one person.
I hope he can help you guys who are trying to translate the game though.

RE: Digimon World Digitize. - NPJH50588 - bugmenot - 07-29-2012

(07-28-2012, 09:02 PM)Romsstar Wrote: I haven't paid attention to that yet, the all icons are the same problem makes the game hardly playable though and I'm sure the developers could fix it easly if they wanted to...

This comment is only valid if you understand the inner working of this emulator. Otherwise, this is just an unneeded butthurt remark.

RE: Digimon World Digitize. - NPJH50588 - Romsstar - 07-29-2012

(07-29-2012, 12:36 AM)bugmenot Wrote:
(07-28-2012, 09:02 PM)Romsstar Wrote: I haven't paid attention to that yet, the all icons are the same problem makes the game hardly playable though and I'm sure the developers could fix it easly if they wanted to...

This comment is only valid if you understand the inner working of this emulator. Otherwise, this is just an unneeded butthurt remark.

A bit. But even if I didn't, seing that the compatibility between r2482 and r2652 hasn't improved like at all? .

Even more given the fact that a lot of games I tested run pretty much the same even with r2150...

And you know what, even it this is a rant, it doesn't matter. The whole thread is kinda pointless, the one dev that did check it (already caught me by surprise) said only

"no idea, just keep testing, I don't care" and this already been over a week ago.

So either we post logs and helpful information or just write how pissed off we are, same result.

RE: Digimon World RE: Digitize. - NPJH50588 - serio - 07-29-2012

how does it look with software mode on/vertex cache off?

RE: Digimon World Digitize. - NPJH50588 - Romsstar - 07-29-2012

(07-29-2012, 07:53 AM)serio Wrote: how does it look with software mode on/vertex cache off?

Pretty much the same.
Vertex cache off no change.

With software mode the title is displayed but everything gets strange pixeled dots, not much better.

RE: Digimon World Digitize. - NPJH50588 - bugmenot - 07-29-2012

(07-29-2012, 07:43 AM)Romsstar Wrote: A bit. But even if I didn't, seing that the compatibility between r2482 and r2652 hasn't improved like at all? .

Even more given the fact that a lot of games I tested run pretty much the same even with r2150...

And you know what, even it this is a rant, it doesn't matter. The whole thread is kinda pointless, the one dev that did check it (already caught me by surprise) said only

"no idea, just keep testing, I don't care" and this already been over a week ago.

So either we post logs and helpful information or just write how pissed off we are, same result.

And you know, if I were a dev of this project, seeing some ungrateful bunch mouthing his ass off while I'm doing what basically amount to a charity works for that particular moron I would deliberately try not to fix his game instead.

I know some emu authors who did just that out of spite and I certainly would not blame gid if he chose to do so.

For reference, reverse engineering is not a simple, "if game is digimon then apply fix" programming like your little head in the cloud seems to imagine. If he said he has no idea, then it's 100% chance he has no idea, or simply have no time think and write one.

I'm also sure you don't have the slightest idea on how to write emulator, so your only worth is to post log yet if you're not willing to continue to do so, either put up or shut up now.

But you're welcome keep at it if you feel like testing his patience.