EmuNewz Network
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - ULES01505 - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Commercial Game Discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Forum: JPCSP - Playable Games (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Thread: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - ULES01505 (/showthread.php?tid=4065)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - Gunes97 - 07-23-2011

What are the best settings for this game?

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - Karen - 07-23-2011

This game demands a LOT of memory, just like all other square enix games ^^..., you have to download the launcher, the and set it there, the settings are in the first posts, they are a little complex.., but work.

ok report:

- the bug with the speed decrease is over
- there's a new one in its place, the game keep pausing every now and then

so to finish story mode you have to do it like this:

- if you have and ATI card, you DON'T need Vertex Cache for this game, or shaders , if you do it, the game will froze
- begin the game and know that the bug that keep the game with little freezers will ocour like in after 40 minutes of game play..., so is pretty simple, you just have to; when next to a boss "quicksave" exit the emulator and reiniciate it., when the game freeze on one scene, its just because you passed the 40 min limit, and if the game enters the cutscenes with the little freezing poblems, it can froze, so to evade that...
- clear all the dungeons first, its no problem to do it, and since all the scenes in this game are marked, save prior to then, and then restart the emulator and go, if it still crashes then, congratulations you discovered a new bug Big Grin

if you cannot pass Tifa's story, just skip it

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - dancrev - 07-24-2011

Hello everyone! It seems that this thread got updated frequently. So, I was wondering that if the developers had read my post yet......Confused

Oh and btw, when I set my compiler to 3000 and enable all option in crypto mode, it cannot read my save data.Why is that? my audio seems better with these option enabled. I even got to hear SQUARE ENIX at the beginning.....someone please help.

thanks in advance.........

Aha, and I found something funny too. when use the above setting I suddenly got new characters in Bleach heat the soul 7 and I loose some as well thought that I don't understand what it says at the welcome screen......
when I start to fight in vs cpu, I got this errors..............

Anyone have any ideas about this strange phenomenon? I'm using 2227

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - Finzy - 07-24-2011

I'm also getting freezes after the perm gen change. Can play for about 10-20 minutes (maybe even less in story mode due to world map and cutscenes), then the game slowly starts pausing every second, making everything unplayable or crashing the emulator completely. It did improve performance quite a lot though, but it's no fun if I can only play a couple of battles at a time. My settings: Xmx size 512, Xss 256, Xms 128, Xingc enabled, SSE41, Code Cache size 144, MaxPermGenSpace 208. Only GE graphics, vertex cache enabled, save GE to texture. Last version I tried (r2204) worked fine for about 40 mins of gameplay with the same settings until it ran out of memory and I had to restart.

Karen Wrote:- if you have and ATI card, you DON'T need Vertex Cache for this game, or shaders , if you do it, the game will froze

Vertex cache is a must have for better performance for me. Also, if you don't have it enabled, you will get lots of graphics glitches on all kinds of visual effects (like squares in magic spells, etc).

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - Vegerunks - 07-24-2011

(07-24-2011, 03:25 AM)dancrev Wrote: Oh and btw, when I set my compiler to 3000 and enable all option in crypto mode, it cannot read my save data.Why is that? my audio seems better with these option enabled. I even got to hear SQUARE ENIX at the beginning.....someone please help.

Well the problem is Crypto mode can't read your save if you didn't save in crypto mode the first time.

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - Karen - 07-24-2011

2227 has all the dissidia issues fixed, the Tifa chapter cutscene is passable, and the game is even faster in all stages, the fullscreen don't give moar framerate drops.

and yeah if you're playing story mode, deactivate vertex and shaders, it makes the game crashes, activate only on versus mode, so you can play it fine there

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - ukiyaejl - 07-24-2011

on my side vertex cache never helped, it only decreases fps for me.

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - Dolizoss - 07-25-2011

Well, sometimes Dissidia hangs permanently during a fight, so I tried a few options, it seems to me that without vertex cache, there a a LOT of graphical gliches during fights + when playing Lightning's story before and after a fight (randomly) my game crashes. Quick battles are just fine. Something that surprised me is the fact that Duodecim goes faster than the first Dissidia, and i haven't noticed any speed impact when I set maximum method size to 1000. Using only GE graphics and GE to texture.

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - beanclr - 07-25-2011

Well there are more players on screen in duo then in dissidia. They had to make some changes in the code to make the game play faster to try and stop slow downs when to much was going on at the same time. At least thats what I've came up with.

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - Vegerunks - 07-25-2011

well this sucks for me lol, I get no errors but now on the more recent patches it freezes for a second alot during fights. The freezes you see in the Super robot wars games when it tries to decode the voices. But other than that the game is alot faster. It started in 2212 for me. I'm guessing my computer can no longer handle this game in the higher revisions xD