EmuNewz Network
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - ULES01505 - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Commercial Game Discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Forum: JPCSP - Playable Games (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Thread: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - ULES01505 (/showthread.php?tid=4065)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - AlexBaron - 11-25-2011

Bad things for me was.. vertex cache still causing me errors.. no matter what revision is at..kinda sucks to see that kind of error because vertex cache do brings a better quality enviroment..i guess ATI/AMD werent support the vertex cache..Dodgy

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - LeaT - 11-25-2011

(11-23-2011, 03:01 PM)ventusrocks Wrote: I have a question about SonicStage:

Ok, so I used to have JPCSP, media engine, and SonicStage all working in perfect sync (got to watch high-def movies and listen to all music). Then, I inserted another hard drive into my computer with Windows XP on it (which brings my second question, which will come later), and tried playing the game on XP. I had to install SonicStage on the XP, but t all worked fine. Then I try playing it again on my Windows 7 hard drive (not partition; hard drive), and then the music wouldn't work at all. I deleted the TMP folder, made sure all of my settings were right, and still nothing. Then I uninstalled SS and then reinstalled it, still nothing. What's the matter? Why won't it work? Oh, and it also won't play files that it should play, it just crashes. So what should I do? (Not sure if it works on the XP partition still; have to try it out).

Second question:

So I played the game on my XP partition. I could be wrong, but I think the game might have gone faster. So my question is, should the game go faster on my XP drive than my 7 drive? Even though I can only use 3/4 of my RAM (I have 4 and only 3 is allowed on 32-bit), doesn't XP use less resources? So question restated, should JPCSP work faster on an XP machine with 7 stats?

Thanks for any and all help!

EDIT: This was all playing Dissidia Duodecim ULES.

Just because XP can't use that last batch of RAM, other programs can. XP is just denied doing so. As for going faster, it could be as XP is generally still the fatest Microsoft OS on the market (but Win 7 is getting close). XP also demands far less resources (again Win 7 is getting close), so that answers that.

About the harddrive error, did you have both of the harddrives connected at the same time or just one at any time? Also, are you talking about separate JPCSP installs? I am kind of confused of what you did, exactly. Please provide with some more info about it.

@Alex, did you try vertex cache but without some shader options? The recommended settings for full speed require almost all of the shaders and whatnot to be turned on.

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - AlexBaron - 11-26-2011

(11-25-2011, 07:13 PM)LeaT Wrote: @Alex, did you try vertex cache but without some shader options? The recommended settings for full speed require almost all of the shaders and whatnot to be turned on.

1st error is the one with all shader options added
2nd error is only vertex cache with no shaders options
(refer from attachment starts from left to right ( 1st error, 2nd error) )

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - LeaT - 11-26-2011

And did you try something inbetween with vertex cache and SOME shaders?

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - megaten666 - 11-26-2011

(11-26-2011, 04:34 PM)LeaT Wrote: And did you try something inbetween with vertex cache and SOME shaders?

I have the same error. Without vertex cache, you suffer from a serious FPS drop and don't show 90% of the menus' layout. With vertex cache, I got a huge FPS boost, everything displays perfectly, but constantly crashes. Tried every setting, if vertex is on... it's gonna crash, but if you won't turn it on, you see nothing Sad

This is because ATI's new drivers. While shaders do work fine now, some games just crash, so it became pointless.

As a side note, x64 version of JPCSP seems to be stable, but it's stuttering constantly, annoying indeed.

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - AlexBaron - 11-27-2011

(11-26-2011, 04:34 PM)LeaT Wrote: And did you try something inbetween with vertex cache and SOME shaders?

vertex + shaders
without the geometry shader, VAO.decoding indexed textures, dynamic shader generation, shader implementation for both stencil test and color mask..the game still crashed..

while another was..
vertex + shader + geometry + VAO + decoding indexed textures + dynamic shader generation
without the the shader implementation ..same result.. crashed..

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - ventusrocks - 11-27-2011

(11-25-2011, 07:13 PM)LeaT Wrote: Just because XP can't use that last batch of RAM, other programs can. XP is just denied doing so. As for going faster, it could be as XP is generally still the fatest Microsoft OS on the market (but Win 7 is getting close). XP also demands far less resources (again Win 7 is getting close), so that answers that.

About the harddrive error, did you have both of the harddrives connected at the same time or just one at any time? Also, are you talking about separate JPCSP installs? I am kind of confused of what you did, exactly. Please provide with some more info about it.

Ok, I'll go more in-depth.

So I bought my computer with the original hard drive installed (Windows 7). I download JPCSP (SVN), and SonicStage. It all works. Then this old computer that we never used (and nobody could seem to fix, even though I managed to fix it when "professionals" couldn't, and I didn't really do anything) I decide to use it's hard drive in my computer. It had XP installed. It's not slaved to my original hard drive, but mastered to a CD/DVD drive (because the hard drive in my computer is newer, and didn't support them ribbon cables). So then I access JPCSP using the OS from my XP hard drive, but the files are stored on the OS from my better Windows 7 hard drive (had to install sonicstage separately, of course). Then I go back to trying on 7, and it doesn't work. Not sure if it still works on XP or not though; only use that when I have to.

Thanks for the help!

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - hyakki - 11-27-2011

sounds like a permission problem, when using files in 7 it will set security permissions usually locked to the username on the windows 7 account, then when you run it from xp it's not going to see the account and might deny read/ write access to the folder.

so take ownership of the folder and files then try again

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - ventusrocks - 11-27-2011

(11-27-2011, 06:28 AM)hyakki Wrote: sounds like a permission problem, when using files in 7 it will set security permissions usually locked to the username on the windows 7 account, then when you run it from xp it's not going to see the account and might deny read/ write access to the folder.

so take ownership of the folder and files then try again

Ok, so I right clicked the JPCSP folder, went to properties, then Security, then I added maximum permissions; and then it still wouldn't work. Well actually, it semi-worked the first time. It played the music that it already decoded, I think. And then when I tried to do a song (since you can select the music per each battle) that I hadn't done before, it wouldn't play. And then I deleted the TMP folder, and now it won't work at all. Oh, and when I changed the permissions for the JPCSP folder, it did NOT change them for the already decoded files. And by the way, I'm pretty sure it used to decode the files as .wav and something else (either .oma or .at3, I forgot). Now, it's just .oma and .at3, and no .wav. Also when I try to use SonicStage for things I used to be able to, I can't.

And that's after uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Thanks for any and all help!

RE: Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy EUR [ULES01505] - Encrypted - LeaT - 11-27-2011

I think you have to set permission for Java and SonicStage, rather than the JPCSP folder.