EmuNewz Network
Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - ULUS10566 - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Commercial Game Discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Forum: JPCSP - Playable Games (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Thread: Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy - ULUS10566 (/showthread.php?tid=3977)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10566 [Encrypted] - Taroyoma - 10-27-2012

(10-27-2012, 08:37 AM)andygunlocke Wrote: I'm a complete noob when it comes to these kind of things but I'm experiencing a problem.
Long story short, I have a couple of PSP games here in my hard drive that I haven't used in ages. Since I don't have my PSP anymore and I kinda want to play it again, I decided to use this emulator.

The problem is that whenever I run a game the emulator's screen just goes black and nothing happens. Is there something I'm missing?

Yea, i suppose there is more than a "something" you are missing here!
Cause i think we need more Info´s, like Your Rig (Windows version, how much Ram, Processor and Graphic-card), and then you need to have Sonic Stage Installed (to have good Music/Sound), and which version of Jpcsp you are using, like x64 and x86. (probably the newest revision).

And i am not sure if you use the Awesome JPCSP Launcher from Hyakki, if not Use It cause its Great and helps a lot!

RE: DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10566 [Encrypted] - andygunlocke - 10-28-2012

(10-27-2012, 09:52 AM)Taroyoma Wrote:
(10-27-2012, 08:37 AM)andygunlocke Wrote: I'm a complete noob when it comes to these kind of things but I'm experiencing a problem.
Long story short, I have a couple of PSP games here in my hard drive that I haven't used in ages. Since I don't have my PSP anymore and I kinda want to play it again, I decided to use this emulator.

The problem is that whenever I run a game the emulator's screen just goes black and nothing happens. Is there something I'm missing?

Yea, i suppose there is more than a "something" you are missing here!
Cause i think we need more Info´s, like Your Rig (Windows version, how much Ram, Processor and Graphic-card), and then you need to have Sonic Stage Installed (to have good Music/Sound), and which version of Jpcsp you are using, like x64 and x86. (probably the newest revision).

And i am not sure if you use the Awesome JPCSP Launcher from Hyakki, if not Use It cause its Great and helps a lot!

Windows 7 (Starter)
1024MB Ram
Intel® Atom™ CPU N455 @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
That's what I got from dxdiag

Can you provide a link for the Sonic Stage, so that I can DL it?
And my JPCSP is is x86. Anything else I need to give?

RE: DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10566 [Encrypted] - montcer9012 - 10-28-2012

(10-28-2012, 02:01 AM)andygunlocke Wrote: Can you provide a link for the Sonic Stage, so that I can DL it?
And my JPCSP is is x86. Anything else I need to give?
You can found some tips to start using JPCSP here:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=14984

However, looks like your PC is an netbook, which is too poor in order to run emulated games; don't expect too much.

(10-26-2012, 03:50 PM)Taroyoma Wrote: i use Catalyst 12.3 would that help to upgrade to 12.10?
I have 12.11 there's no so much difference. I have notice that Catalyst is getting stronger; since 11.x it was so buggy and JPCSP average was so poor with result of missing textures; 12.11 has just a few missing textures and speed of game is related to CPU speed.

About the bug you was talking about, try to post a test of profiler.txt and maybe gid found where's the error so it can be fixed.

RE: DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10566 [Encrypted] - montcer9012 - 10-28-2012

I guess you meant this:
(11-25-2011, 11:49 PM)LeaT Wrote: Remember though, did you download your game from the internet and you clearly say so in the thread you will receive no help! JPCSP staff does NOT support pirates.
It is supposed to pirated games, which is illegal; if you legally own the game is not a problem. You can get the game dumping it from your own PSP, for example.

RE: DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10566 [Encrypted] - andygunlocke - 10-28-2012

(10-28-2012, 06:17 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: I guess you meant this:
(11-25-2011, 11:49 PM)LeaT Wrote: Remember though, did you download your game from the internet and you clearly say so in the thread you will receive no help! JPCSP staff does NOT support pirates.
It is supposed to pirated games, which is illegal; if you legally own the game is not a problem. You can get the game dumping it from your own PSP, for example.

Dumping?

Forgive me if i am not clear enough, but english is not my principal language. With dumping i meant rip off the game from your PSP; however, some post earlier you told that you have your games on your computer HDD so if those games are legitimately obtained you will receive support of forum members.

RE: DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10566 [Encrypted] - Taroyoma - 11-05-2012

(10-28-2012, 05:30 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: I have 12.11 there's no so much difference. I have notice that Catalyst is getting stronger; since 11.x it was so buggy and JPCSP average was so poor with result of missing textures; 12.11 has just a few missing textures and speed of game is related to CPU speed.

About the bug you was talking about, try to post a test of profiler.txt and maybe gid found where's the error so it can be fixed.

I tried to get a log file but it does not work for me, as i tried whit log All (cause its the best i suppose) the game wont load... (no error in log) also i selected error cause i think it is a error but the profiler.txt is empty after my Test.
But...

This bug whit the missing HP Attack is easy to recreate, fight 10-20 minutes in the level of your Choice (hmmm maybe this matters too, try Planets Core(Ω), if you killed the enemy or vice versa, you can rematch at once(the more rematch the higher the chance of occurring).

/edit Strangely after trying to get the bug again it does not occur (i changed Maximum method size from 500 to 1000 and output profiler info to profiler.txt) the only thing happens was slow speed like a difference of 10-15 fps.

/edit2 Damn it! after disabling "output profiler info to profiler.txt" that damn bug occurred again, maybe it don´t want to be found (yea i got more fps cause of the deactivation of that profiler info output).

/edit3 After trying the Game with those settings: Compiler Threshold 2000 and Maximum Method size 3000, i got some small Artifacts while fighting with Tifa, and those missing HP Attack bug got even worse, my ground Bravery Attack was missing too (also after fighting like 5-10mins), it looks like those Settings could be the Culprit?.

/Edit4 It Seems like this Game works best without Compiler Threshold but Maximum Method Size 500 but the Bug occurs like always-.-
But after Fighting quite a lot as Tifa i mentioned that "Missing HP Bug" Hit her REALLY Hard and Unfair-.-, also quite faster than other Characters her Animation is there but can never Hit and she can´t use Feints while the Bug occurs, other Characters can use HP Attacks normaly (but gets dissabled later too). Also someone else can Study this Bug with Tifa the Best (and again there is nothing in the console...)

RE: DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10566 [Encrypted] - phantasmyk - 11-17-2012

exception java.lang.outofmemoryerror thrown from the uncaughtexceptionhandler in thread any idea whats the problem? This only happens when i play story mode btw

RE: DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10566 [Encrypted] - joxof - 11-17-2012

(11-17-2012, 02:34 AM)phantasmyk Wrote: exception java.lang.outofmemoryerror thrown from the uncaughtexceptionhandler in thread any idea whats the problem? This only happens when i play story mode btw

# Possible reasons: Exclamation
# Vertex cache (video configuration on JPCSP)
# The system is out of physical RAM or swap space
# In 32 bit mode, the process size limit was hit

# Possible solutions: Idea
# Install Java 7 (maybe your advance setting on JPCSP Launcher is not compatible with Java 6)
# Reduce memory load on the system
# Increase physical memory or swap space
# Check if swap backing store is full
# Decrease Java heap size (-Xmx/-Xms)
# Decrease number of Java threads
# Decrease Java thread stack sizes (-Xss)
# Set larger code cache with -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=
# Disable vertex cache (video configuration on JPCSP)
# Just enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory (video configuration on JPCSP)
# Use 64 bit Java on a 64 bit OS (unless the computer has more than 4 GB of RAM)

That's it Cool

RE: DISSIDIA 012 [duodecim] FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10566 [Encrypted] - phantasmyk - 11-17-2012

(11-17-2012, 03:01 AM)joxof Wrote:
(11-17-2012, 02:34 AM)phantasmyk Wrote: exception java.lang.outofmemoryerror thrown from the uncaughtexceptionhandler in thread any idea whats the problem? This only happens when i play story mode btw

# Possible reasons: Exclamation
# Enable vertex cache (video configuration on JPCSP)
# The system is out of physical RAM or swap space
# In 32 bit mode, the process size limit was hit

# Possible solutions: Idea
# Install Java 7 (maybe your advance setting on JPCSP Launcher is not compatible with Java 6)
# Reduce memory load on the system
# Increase physical memory or swap space
# Check if swap backing store is full
# Decrease Java heap size (-Xmx/-Xms)
# Decrease number of Java threads
# Decrease Java thread stack sizes (-Xss)
# Set larger code cache with -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=
# Disable vertex cache (video configuration on JPCSP)
# Just enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory (video configuration on JPCSP)
# Use 64 bit Java on a 64 bit OS (unless the computer has more than 4 GB of RAM)

That's it Cool
It crashes without vertex cache
Not idea how to increase swap space or how to change heap size or other java stuff