EmuNewz Network
Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option) - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: JPCSP builds and releases (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option) (/showthread.php?tid=3909)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option) - legend80 - 04-21-2011

I can't get this either - I've tried tens of varitions of what was said here, but I can rarely even exit fullscreen mode to select a game - it just hangs on the black/gray screen. And when I can load a game nothing happens.

Win7x64
Geforce 460gtx
Intel Sandy

But serioulsy, thanks for continuing work on this. I just want a working fullscreen, I don't care how hacky or how many hoops I need to jump through. Smile

RE: Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option) - hyakki - 04-22-2011

so far all the windows 7's couldn't get it working, 1 xp reported working, maybe an os issue?

I think its an issue with the update / redraw and not the resolution change since that part seems to work fine.

RE: Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option) - vingadorjr - 04-22-2011

Same Here. For those of you that are having problems when launching, just click anywhere in the black screen (to select it) then press F4 to go to the window mode. But unfortunately, when a game is launched, when you press F4 again to go back to fullscreen, the screen stays black again.

Tested with Windows XP and Windows 7. The same problem on XP or 7 with the diference that on 7 i can return to the window mode and on XP it keeps hanged on the gray screen and this screen becames really glitched. Depending on the mouse position, you can see some glitched game screens on XP. Its not a internal resolution or OS problem. Maybe its a Java version or the way it works on the diferent OSs that are making this problems.

Graphic Card is Radeon XFX HD 6870, Processor Quad-Core and 4 GB of RAM.

By the way, its looking to be a nice workaround for the Java fullscreen lack of resources. Congratz devs. Just a little more effort to make everyone happy! Big Grin

RE: Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option) - Finzy - 04-22-2011

So even if fullscreen mode did work, it would only change the monitor's resolution to 640x480 so the game could be viewed entirely?

Is there any hope of Jpcsp someday being able to run games on the same resolution as the monitor fullscreen (say 1920x1080)? Tongue Any other emulators I've tried so far have all been able to do that at least, but I guess Java sucks or something. Would be really awesome to actually take advantage of PCs' higher resolution and better graphics.

I've been running Jpcsp with the windows zoom utility at 200% in the meanwhile, it makes the display pretty pixelated though but at least the size is larger and you won't have to squint your eyes to see the small texts and so on. Tongue

RE: Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option) - Hykem - 04-22-2011

I've removed the display mode change in r2098. So, just like Finzy was noticing, this will now bring true full-screen, since it will run JPCSP at the current screen's resolution. Wink
For some users this may also be able to fix some buggy displays.

RE: Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option) - vingadorjr - 04-22-2011

Still the same problem here Hykem. The screen are still black when maximized and the display mode change option are still present in r2098, maybe you have uploaded the wrong file, dont you think?..... if not, is there any other config option for this to work? Do I need to change my desktop resolution to one who fits the emulator?

RE: Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option) - legend80 - 04-23-2011

(04-22-2011, 09:44 PM)vingadorjr Wrote: Still the same problem here Hykem. The screen are still black when maximized and the display mode change option are still present in r2098, maybe you have uploaded the wrong file, dont you think?..... if not, is there any other config option for this to work? Do I need to change my desktop resolution to one who fits the emulator?

Confirmed here as well.

RE: Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option) - Hykem - 04-23-2011

(04-22-2011, 09:44 PM)vingadorjr Wrote: Still the same problem here Hykem. The screen are still black when maximized and the display mode change option are still present in r2098, maybe you have uploaded the wrong file, dont you think?..... if not, is there any other config option for this to work? Do I need to change my desktop resolution to one who fits the emulator?

Oops! Sorry about that. I did commit the wrong files... Blush
Same applies to the sceUtility fix which is still disabled in r2098 *facepalm*.
Commiting the proper ones right away. Smile

RE: Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option) - vingadorjr - 04-23-2011

(04-22-2011, 07:26 PM)Hykem Wrote: I've removed the display mode change in r2098. So, just like Finzy was noticing, this will now bring true full-screen, since it will run JPCSP at the current screen's resolution. Wink

(04-23-2011, 02:52 PM)Hykem Wrote:

When will the corrected version be online? Thanks again.

RE: Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option) - Hykem - 04-23-2011

(04-23-2011, 04:31 PM)vingadorjr Wrote:
(04-22-2011, 07:26 PM)Hykem Wrote: I've removed the display mode change in r2098. So, just like Finzy was noticing, this will now bring true full-screen, since it will run JPCSP at the current screen's resolution. Wink

(04-23-2011, 02:52 PM)Hykem Wrote:

When will the corrected version be online? Thanks again.

Just commited r2099. Wink
It's still working in the same way (use the option under Configuration, then use F4 to switch between modes), but it's now using a cleaner screen resize setup instead of Java's native full-screen exclusive feature.
If this works better, then it will be the preferred implementation.