EmuNewz Network
Help with linux version - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: JPCSP builds and releases (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: Help with linux version (/showthread.php?tid=3703)

Pages: 1 2

Help with linux version - elpan - 02-18-2011

running the latest 32bit linux rev on a 64bit ubuntu
I get this when i load it and try to load the umd browser.
Code:
(<unknown>:3830): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libequinox.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(<unknown>:3830): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libequinox.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(<unknown>:3830): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules/im-ibus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

(<unknown>:3830): Gtk-WARNING **: Loading IM context type 'ibus' failed

(<unknown>:3830): Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodules/im-ibus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.TimeZone.parseCustomTimeZone(TimeZone.java:767)
    at java.util.TimeZone.getTimeZone(TimeZone.java:471)
    at java.util.TimeZone.getTimeZone(TimeZone.java:465)
    at jpcsp.filesystems.umdiso.iso9660.Iso9660File.<init>(Iso9660File.java:87)
    at jpcsp.filesystems.umdiso.iso9660.Iso9660Handler.<init>(Iso9660Handler.java:45)
    at jpcsp.filesystems.umdiso.UmdIsoReader.getFileEntry(UmdIsoReader.java:298)
    at jpcsp.filesystems.umdiso.UmdIsoReader.getFile(UmdIsoReader.java:378)
    at jpcsp.GUI.UmdBrowser.loadUmdInfo(UmdBrowser.java:407)
    at jpcsp.GUI.UmdBrowser.access$500(UmdBrowser.java:74)
    at jpcsp.GUI.UmdBrowser$MemStickTableModel.<init>(UmdBrowser.java:172)
    at jpcsp.GUI.UmdBrowser.<init>(UmdBrowser.java:263)
    at jpcsp.MainGUI.openUmdActionPerformed(MainGUI.java:1031)
    at jpcsp.MainGUI.access$600(MainGUI.java:100)
    at jpcsp.MainGUI$6.actionPerformed(MainGUI.java:321)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:357)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1223)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1264)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6267)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3267)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6032)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2041)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4630)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2099)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4577)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4238)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4168)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2085)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4460)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
just a noob playing with linux for the first time. thought i should report this if its a problem.

RE: Help with linux version - Orphis - 02-19-2011

You should install the 32bit packages for gtk I guess !

RE: Help with linux version - elpan - 02-19-2011

(02-19-2011, 11:43 AM)Orphis Wrote: You should install the 32bit packages for gtk I guess !

I did there in the lib32 folder. I have no idea how to make it look there.
I tried to mess around with the folders ended up getting other errors.

i replaced the gtk 64bit libraries with the 32bit ones. no more warnings about the libraries but the exception error remains. cant open the umd browser.

the 64bit linux version works. Got Hexyz Force going I haven't been following jpcsp for bit now. This suprises the heck out of me. I can here music and sound on this game!!! I didn't enable media engine or any audio options. 64 bit version?Huh whats going on. it dumped these txt files "tmp\ULUS10506\Atrac\command.txt" on the main folder. there is nothing on the tmp folder. I know about the speed improvements but i didn't know this.

RE: Help with linux version - Kai3213 - 02-19-2011

(02-19-2011, 05:11 PM)elpan Wrote: the 64bit linux version works. Got Hexyz Force going I haven't been following jpcsp for bit now. This suprises the heck out of me. I can here music and sound on this game!!! I didn't enable media engine or any audio options. 64 bit version?Huh whats going on. it dumped these txt files "tmp\ULUS10506\Atrac\command.txt" on the main folder. there is nothing on the tmp folder. I know about the speed improvements but i didn't know this.

Maybe it's because the audio in Hexyz Force is Atrac3 which jpcsp supports unlike Atract3+ which it needs sonic stage for.

RE: Help with linux version - elpan - 02-20-2011

Maybe it's because the audio in Hexyz Force is Atrac3 which jpcsp supports unlike Atract3+ which it needs sonic stage for.
[/quote]

yep your right. after trying out a couple of other games that the case. I thought I was missing something. Its been a long time since i played with jpcsp.

ok finally i got the 32bit to work. I'm trying to get the media engine going. I downloaded xuggle sh and installed it. I get this from the logger when i enable media engine "GUI] ERROR com.xuggle.ferry.JNILibraryLoader - Could not load library: xuggle-ferry; version: 3;"
need help on how to get this to work. Media engine works with linux version too right?

RE: Help with linux version - hyakki - 02-20-2011

it might be possible, but might need some tweaking, I would assume jpcsp needs the path to xuggle, also make sure you installed the 32bit version of xuggler.
if you do get it working the most it will do is video playback (if it works), audio is iffy since it relies on sonicstage and himdrender (windows programs).

in start-linux-x86.sh edit it and change -Djava.library.path=lib/linux-x86 to the path where you installed xuggler, keep the lib/linux-x86 value too (in my case i installed xuggle to /opt/xuggler/lib, see example below)
in a normal installs xuggle installs to /usr/local/xuggler so that would be -Djava.library.path=/usr/local/xuggler/lib:lib/linux-x86

start-linux-x86.sh
#!/bin/sh
java -Xmx512m -Djava.library.path=/opt/xuggler/lib:lib/linux-x86 -jar bin/jpcsp.jar

I couldn't test past this since my linux pc is older and not good video card (geforce 4 ti 4200) (but setting that fixed the could not load xuggler error)

yeah thanks hyakki. videos are working.
my core 2 duo e6300 2.2ghz seems to be noticeably faster with linux.