EmuNewz Network
Killzone: Liberation - USA - UCUS98646 - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Commercial Game Discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Forum: JPCSP - Playable Games (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Thread: Killzone: Liberation - USA - UCUS98646 (/showthread.php?tid=3056)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Killzone: Liberation - USA - UCUS98646 - montcer9012 - 08-26-2012

Java and AMD are making JPCSP unplayable for me. I return to Java 6 since Java 7 + Catalyst 12.8 still giving me the error "Video Driver Stop Working" on Metal Gear and Ghost Recon and now, on every rev that i try Killzone gave me the error of old post:
(07-10-2012, 04:18 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: game always crash saying something about ERROR MEMORY X

I go back again to Java 7, update OpenGL driver version and ... Now this game is more smoothly than EVER Big Grin. Sadly, speed gain is not constant; is just a boost but a very important boost and is frecuent. In that order, i attach the log generated on that gameplay using Java 7 (The best gameplay so far) and 3 compressed logs of latest JPCSP rev using Java 6; all 3 crashed.

If someone have 5 minutes and want take a look please watch this video and then compare with r2684 video few post earlier:

RE: Killzone: Liberation - USA - UCUS98646 - montcer9012 - 09-28-2012

With right options here and there this game can be playable. Still some glitches (Like the intro video flip) but they don't stop the gameplay.

Updated Software:
-AMD Catalyst 12.9 (OpenGL V 6.14.10.11926)
-Java 7 Update 7
-JPCSP r2740x64

Computer Specs:
-AMD A8-3510mx APU with ATI Radeon 6620g (512MB dedicated at 667MHz)
-8GB RAM at 1333 MHz
-Windows 7x64

Config Usage:
Code:
Configuration / Video
    [ ] Disable VBO (automatically disabled if not supported)
    [X] Only GE graphics (not recommended for homebrew)
    [X] Use vertex cache
    [X] Use shaders (experimental)
    [ ] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
    [X] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
    [ ] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
    [X] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
    [X] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
    [X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)
    [ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)
    [ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask" (more accurate but slower)
    [ ] Disable optimized VertexInfo reading (may improve compatibility)
    [ ] Use Software Rendering (very experimental, not yet complete, slow)
Configuration / Audio
    [ ] Disable audio threads
    [ ] Disable audio channels (not recommended)
    [ ] Disable audio blocking
Configuration / Memory
    [ ] Ignore invalid memory access (not recommended for test reports, but improves performance)
    [ ] Ignore unmapped imports (not recommended)
Configuration / Media
    [X] Use Media Engine
    [ ] Extract media files to tmp folder
    [X] Decode audio files with SonicStage (must be installed separately and requires Media Engine)
    [ ] Use debug font (disable flash0 fonts)
Configuration / Compiler
    [X] Use compiler (dynarec)
    [ ] Output profiler info to profiler.txt (only for compiler)
    [100] Maximum method size
Configuration / Crypto
    [ ] Extract decrypted EBOOT.BIN files to the TMP folder
    [ ] Handle SAVEDATA in crypto mode
    [ ] Extract original PGD files to the TMP folder
Configuration / Display
    Anti-aliasing:                           [OFF]
    Resolution:                              [Native]
    [ ] Start JPCSP in Full-Screen Exclusive Mode in the following runs

RE: Killzone: Liberation - USA - UCUS98646 - montcer9012 - 11-12-2012

Please move this game to Playable. Still having some minor bugs that by the way, are fixed by SoftwareMode; those are missing loading screen (Without SoftwareMode loading screens are just a black screen) and intro video flickering:

The rest of the game aren't good idea with SoftwareMode because it broke the color palette:

NOTE: The software images are located on the right side (The bright ones) of the VS images; the ones on the left side have common options (VertexCache, Shaders, etc).

RE: Killzone: Liberation - USA - UCUS98646 - montcer9012 - 03-23-2013

Something is broke here. Game crash just before the intro video shows. Media Engine is on.

RE: Killzone: Liberation - USA - UCUS98646 - gid15 - 03-23-2013

(03-23-2013, 08:06 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: Something is broke here. Game crash just before the intro video shows. Media Engine is on.
Could you retry with r3068? I found an issue with r3043.

Thank you!

RE: Killzone: Liberation - USA - UCUS98646 - montcer9012 - 03-23-2013

Yeah, it is fixed. By the way, this game speed has been improved a lot! The sound is almost closed to 100% accurate and the video still has some faults.

Right now is better playable than ever was. Thanks.