EmuNewz Network
Add-on Oriented or Non Add-on Oriented? - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (http://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: PCSP Official Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: svn discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Add-on Oriented or Non Add-on Oriented? (/showthread.php?tid=2105)

Add-on Oriented or Non Add-on Oriented? - manafusion - 09-18-2010 06:44 PM

Personally, i would like to see this become an add-on oriented program that allows versatility in designing (such as one team can handle the base functioning works while another outside team collaborates to build an add-on meant for smoothing gameplay and graphics etc etc). so, the question is, whats your take? add-on oriented or non-add-on oriented?

RE: Add-on Oriented or Non Add-on Oriented? - Darth1701 - 09-18-2010 07:51 PM

(09-18-2010 06:44 PM)manafusion Wrote:  Personally, i would like to see this become an add-on oriented program that allows versatility in designing (such as one team can handle the base functioning works while another outside team collaborates to build an add-on meant for smoothing gameplay and graphics etc etc). so, the question is, whats your take? add-on oriented or non-add-on oriented?

Just out of curiosity: What exactly did you contribute until now? Angry

RE: Add-on Oriented or Non Add-on Oriented? - manafusion - 09-19-2010 01:02 AM

nothing. and i seem to see that jpcsp is being update way more than pcsp. in fact, i noticed that pcsp havent been updated since last yr. so, i was thinking when i was at the pcsp official website (out of random curiosity) about this question. also, i actually am not really sure if it should be here or some other sub-forum.

RE: Add-on Oriented or Non Add-on Oriented? - Darth1701 - 09-19-2010 07:00 AM

Hi, sorry I was just flying over your text yesterday and I assumed you mean JPCSP. PCSP is a different thing, it is closed source and there are not that much devs that work on it. I think they choose this for a reason and you should accept their reasons. But if you think you can help them in any way you also could contact shadow via pm.

RE: Add-on Oriented or Non Add-on Oriented? - manafusion - 09-19-2010 12:27 PM

i only picked up the basics of c++ (which is pretty much considered nothing compared the knowledge that miniature c++ program dev have) though i might pick up on the full c++ programming some later day (im still studying and IT is not my major).

RE: Add-on Oriented or Non Add-on Oriented? - hlide - 09-19-2010 01:31 PM

(09-18-2010 06:44 PM)manafusion Wrote:  Personally, i would like to see this become an add-on oriented program that allows versatility in designing (such as one team can handle the base functioning works while another outside team collaborates to build an add-on meant for smoothing gameplay and graphics etc etc). so, the question is, whats your take? add-on oriented or non-add-on oriented?

Right now it is not an add-on oriented program. I think it will be hard to turn it this way because it means we need to make some part of emulator as libraries with the price of degradating compiler optimizations and so having a slower emulator. Besides, there are a lot of inline functions which means exposing the source to non pcsp dev team.

RE: Add-on Oriented or Non Add-on Oriented? - manafusion - 09-19-2010 09:15 PM

(09-19-2010 01:31 PM)hlide Wrote:  Right now it is not an add-on oriented program. I think it will be hard to turn it this way because it means we need to make some part of emulator as libraries with the price of degradating compiler optimizations and so having a slower emulator. Besides, there are a lot of inline functions which means exposing the source to non pcsp dev team.

so basically, the team wouldnt want to sacrifice the concept of speed mainly designed around pcsp as compared to compatibility designed around jpcsp... am i right at this?

RE: Add-on Oriented or Non Add-on Oriented? - hlide - 09-20-2010 12:40 AM

Let say PCSP is primarily designed with speed in mind and some current or future crafty technics not used or usable in JPCSP. To make it add-on oriented means redesigning and rewriting all the emulator, which is not top in our priority list.

RE: Add-on Oriented or Non Add-on Oriented? - manafusion - 09-20-2010 03:55 AM

ok. i understand now.