EmuNewz Network
Dissidia: Final Fantasy - ULUS10437 - Printable Version

+- EmuNewz Network (https://www.emunewz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: PSP Emulation (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=191)
+--- Forum: JPCSP Official Forum (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Commercial Game Discussion (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+----- Forum: JPCSP - Playable Games (https://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Thread: Dissidia: Final Fantasy - ULUS10437 (/showthread.php?tid=1004)

RE: DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10437 [Encrypted] - gid15 - 06-09-2011

(06-09-2011, 02:28 AM)Kai3213 Wrote: Btw, why is it that the shaders play such a giant role in the development of jpcsp? I mean the majority of the video options involve the use of shaders.
This is also the direction OpenGL is taking: most of the new OpenGL features are designed for shaders, the fixed pipeline functions get more and more deprecated.
I always try to provide a fixed pipeline implementation when possible, but some of the PSP-specific features can only be implemented using shaders...

RE: DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10437 [Encrypted] - Kai3213 - 06-09-2011

(06-09-2011, 09:39 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(06-09-2011, 02:28 AM)Kai3213 Wrote: Btw, why is it that the shaders play such a giant role in the development of jpcsp? I mean the majority of the video options involve the use of shaders.
This is also the direction OpenGL is taking: most of the new OpenGL features are designed for shaders, the fixed pipeline functions get more and more deprecated.
I always try to provide a fixed pipeline implementation when possible, but some of the PSP-specific features can only be implemented using shaders...

Thanks for the explanation. Cool

RE: DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10437 [Encrypted] - megaten666 - 06-09-2011

And it's such a shame as Ati users like myself can't use any shader option because of some weird geometry glitch Sad I hope one day, you can find a solution.

RE: DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10437 [Encrypted] - i_dauz - 06-12-2011

This is really irritating, whenever the emperor use "Light Cress" skills jpcsp will crash. So i cant play versus him or use him in the game.

RE: DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10437 [Encrypted] - NaFF - 06-12-2011

(06-09-2011, 07:42 PM)megaten666 Wrote: And it's such a shame as Ati users like myself can't use any shader option because of some weird geometry glitch Sad I hope one day, you can find a solution.

Have you tried enabling the "Disable UBO" option? I use shaders here on my ATI card and it works fine. I get 15~20 fps in game.

RE: DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10437 [Encrypted] - Karen - 06-12-2011

any of you guys tried to enable "stencil"? the menus and colors become all messed up for you? or its just me?

RE: DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10437 [Encrypted] - beanclr - 06-13-2011

(06-12-2011, 08:58 PM)NaFF Wrote:
(06-09-2011, 07:42 PM)megaten666 Wrote: And it's such a shame as Ati users like myself can't use any shader option because of some weird geometry glitch Sad I hope one day, you can find a solution.

Have you tried enabling the "Disable UBO" option? I use shaders here on my ATI card and it works fine. I get 15~20 fps in game.
Wait I can't see any background on mine. Its completely black. Have they fix that yet?

RE: DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10437 [Encrypted] - megaten666 - 06-13-2011

(06-13-2011, 04:21 AM)beanclr Wrote:
(06-12-2011, 08:58 PM)NaFF Wrote:

Wait I can't see any background on mine. Its completely black. Have they fix that yet?

Disabling UBO worked pretty well in some games, but sometimes, there are weird black rectangular things all over the screen. In games like 3rd Birthday, it didn't worked, the screen was full of geometrical failure. I didn't tried it in Dissidia yet though. Using shader is kind of mandatory for games like Bleach Soul Carnival, because of the two new options (stencil and something other), without these, the 2D sprites are transparent, but enabling shader results in a geometrical mess. Now I hate ATI Sad

RE: DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10437 [Encrypted] - Karen - 06-13-2011

(06-13-2011, 06:37 PM)megaten666 Wrote: Disabling UBO worked pretty well in some games, but sometimes, there are weird black rectangular things all over the screen. In games like 3rd Birthday, it didn't worked, the screen was full of geometrical failure. I didn't tried it in Dissidia yet though. Using shader is kind of mandatory for games like Bleach Soul Carnival, because of the two new options (stencil and something other), without these, the 2D sprites are transparent, but enabling shader results in a geometrical mess. Now I hate ATI Sad

hey if you download 2167 you can use stencil and it will have no geometrical mess in ATI ^^

these bugs begined in 2169 all the revs now are full of these bugs when you enable stencil,

so it is a ATI bug after all, what you can do is download 2167 and have and awesome pc, cause the new ops are really slown in that rev

Bleach Soul Carnival works here, but there's a blackgeometrical mess following the characters, and 3rd birthday here works all right with default video ops Smile

RE: DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10437 [Encrypted] - NaFF - 06-13-2011

Oh, well. It will be fixed eventually.

Here on Dissidia disabling UBO works fine.