EmuNewz Network

Full Version: More info for read32/write32 - Invalid memory address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Code:
ERROR   memory - Test Thread - read32 - Invalid memory address : 0x80000004 PC=08891A70
Is it possable to make the ERROR more clear :mention which module (eg:gui,hle.Font) cause the error ?
(11-19-2012, 01:39 PM)sum2012 Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
ERROR   memory - Test Thread - read32 - Invalid memory address : 0x80000004 PC=08891A70
Is it possable to make the ERROR more clear :mention which molecular (eg:gui,hle.Font) cause the error ?
It is not coming from a module but from the MIPS instruction at address 0x8891A70.
Does it mean that give you compiler debug log is enough for you to debug ?
edit:Or use "ignore invalid memary" ,log to final error ?
(11-19-2012, 01:47 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]It is not coming from a module but from the MIPS instruction at address 0x8891A70.

(11-19-2012, 02:39 PM)sum2012 Wrote: [ -> ]Does it mean that give you compiler debug log is enough for you to debug ?
edit:Or use "ignore invalid memary" ,log to final error ?
(11-19-2012, 01:47 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]It is not coming from a module but from the MIPS instruction at address 0x8891A70.
For reporting, do not use "ignore invalid memory access": every error is important for analysis. This option is just interesting for playing, when you do not care about reporting but just want to "force" the game to run further or to run with a slightly better performance.

There is no simple rule for investigating such memory errors, the problem is usually happening sometimes before the error and the error is just a consequence.
A log with the compiler at the DEBUG might help... I usually look at the few syscall's being called before the memory error and try to find a relation.
I don't know why, but using Java 6 is normal to get that error at least on my games. With Java 7 i haven't notice that error coming up.
Everyone should be using Java 7 now, Java 6 will likely cause bugs in emulation..
Jpcsp is being developed with Java 7 too Smile
Code:
-Xmx1024m -Xss2m -Xms512M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=128m
--> compatible setting for JRE 6 32-bit but low performance

Code:
-Xmx1280m -Xss2m -Xms640M -XX:MaxPermSize=320m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=96m
--> incompatible and unstable (out of memory error) for JRE 6 32-bit , I don't know why Dodgy

so I am just using Java 7 on my computer for high compatibility/stability/performance Cool

OK.I get it.I will also update to JAVA 7
(11-19-2012, 07:17 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]For reporting, do not use "ignore invalid memory access": every error is important for analysis. This option is just interesting for playing, when you do not care about reporting but just want to "force" the game to run further or to run with a slightly better performance.

There is no simple rule for investigating such memory errors, the problem is usually happening sometimes before the error and the error is just a consequence.
A log with the compiler at the DEBUG might help... I usually look at the few syscall's being called before the memory error and try to find a relation.