EmuNewz Network

Full Version: can't run games in JPCSP in macOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having trouble getting JPCSP to run games. I haven't been successful in doing so at all actually. Here's what I'm working with:

JPCSP 0.6.2860

13-inch MacBook Pro (mid 2010)
macOS 10.7.5
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

Typically what will happen when I load a game is that the screen will look something like this:

[Image: JPCSP-.jpg]

In this picture I can see bits and pieces of my iTunes and iCal in it. I think it's just displaying bits and pieces of screens from programs I have running at the time. Closing the other programs doesn't provide any better results.
If I click reset, it rescrambles a new picture. When I hit run, nothing happens. I've tried 2 ISO's and 1 CSO.

Originally I had the idea that it had something to do with not having java, but then I found out that I have Jave VisualVM installed so I figured that couldn't be it. I honestly haven't a single idea as to why I can't get anything working and any help would greatly be appreciated.

Here's how I currently have it configured:

[spoiler]
[Image: ScreenShot2012-11-16at60124PM.png]

[Image: ScreenShot2012-11-16at60223PM.png]

[Image: ScreenShot2012-11-16at60225PM.png]

[Image: ScreenShot2012-11-16at60226PM.png]

[Image: ScreenShot2012-11-16at60228PM.png]

[Image: ScreenShot2012-11-16at60229PM.png]

[Image: ScreenShot2012-11-16at60231PM.png]

[Image: ScreenShot2012-11-16at60232PM.png]

[Image: ScreenShot2012-11-16at60234PM.png]
[/spoiler]
If I were you, I will start uninstalling that JVM, install the simple Java client and update my video drivers.
Did you press run after you loaded the game? do you see any errors in the console (terminal)?

The garbage in the screen is usually just from the video card's framebuffer even windows versions gets that.
montcer9012: Uninstalled all iterations of Java that I could and according to their website I now have Version 7 Update 9 installed. No progress since uninstalling/installing.

hyakki: Yes, I clicked run. I'm not sure about errors though. I'm not really well versed with console, but upon opening console these stood out:

Quote:11/16/12 8:09:17.835 PM JavaApplicationStub: dlopen(/Users/pushstartbutton/Downloads/Jpcsp.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib/macosx/libxuggle.dylib, 1): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Users/pushstartbutton/Downloads/Jpcsp.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib/macosx/libxuggle.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture

Quote:Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Users/pushstartbutton/Downloads/Jpcsp.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib/macosx/libxuggle.dylib: no suitable image found. Did find: /Users/pushstartbutton/Downloads/Jpcsp.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib/macosx/libxuggle.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture

There might've been one or two more, but I'm not 100% that they're involved with JPCSP or not.
Mmmm, try with an old JPCSP version; maybe r2700, r2600 or r2500.
I'm not an expert on mac but from that message it sounds like you are trying to run the 32bit jpcsp with 64bit java or the 64bit jpcsp on the 32bit java, the buildbot provides just one mac build so I'll assume its 32bit, make sure your java runtime is also 32bit.
This morning I tried running another app and it said that "powerpc applications are no longer supported." I read that this happened with the change from snow leopard to lion, perhaps this has something to do with it? I also vaguely recall something about Java Version 6 only being available through apple with older macOS releases while the only downloadable versions through Java is 7.