EmuNewz Network

Full Version: JPCSP Official Requirements?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-13-2012, 07:41 AM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-13-2012, 07:34 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: [ -> ]Good finding for you! You were the one who found the bug hahahaha. Anyway, do you think that 3 GHz is the average to use JPCSP, or in some future it will be more compatible?
It depends on the game, some are more CPU intensive than others...
Posting profiler information might help me to improve the CPU performance.

I'm curious if the system ram speed has anything to do with java speed since java loads everything into memory, Or even SSE instructions I noticed java auto detects what the CPU supports (as-well as other parameters) and enables it accordingly (for example if you use --XX:+PrintFlagsFinal)
on my cpu it automatically enabled sse4 + sse4.2intrinsics - (plus who knows what other options)
intx UseSSE = 4 {product}
bool UseSSE42Intrinsics = true {product}

(Most AMD processors (except the bulldozer) don't support SSE above 2 or 3s, so if java automatically optimizes, perhaps the SSE instructions give a tiny speed boost on intel processors?)
(10-13-2012, 07:59 AM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]AMD processors (except the bulldozer) don't support sse4.1/4.2
It looks like this instructions was provide by Intel and thats why their CPUs have it; mine for example have 4.A and i dont know why because none application support it. And RAM speed, i guess not so much because Intel and AMD discard the FrontSideBus on latest CPU models by other instructions.
Pages: 1 2 3