EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Geometry Shaders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed these are recommended as being enabled on nvidia cards, however they reduce the frame rate consistency on DirectX 10+ and lower parts, im not sure about the OEM only DirectX 10.1 parts, but for the 8800-295 it drops a consistent (mostly) 30fps frame rate to 15-22fps.
Jpcsp uses OpenGl so DirectX shouldn't matter., but strange usually enabling shaders will give more fps.

I usually have good results with these options.

Use shaders (experimental)
Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory <- will give the most speedup
Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders) <- this will cause pixel like textures though (no filtering?, but does help speed.)
Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI) <- can give speedup in games like 3rd birthday

The stencil & color test option will cause a slow down so i would keep them disabled unless a particular game needs them.
Yes, thats the odd thing because the G200 series was meant to have 4x the geometry shading performance over the G80 based 8x00 and 9x00
[Image: gsvu9.png]

but enabling it nukes my frame rate in dissidia, crisis core and BBS.