EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Ubuntu 12.04 Crash on Exit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jpcsp never exits cleanly. It always crashes when exiting. This wouldn't be much of a problem, except that it never saves my settings, so I have to go through the settings dialog every time I open the emulator. My terminal output is below:

Quote:#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f8e5014cc58, pid=15507, tid=140249351366400
#
# JRE version: 6.0_24-b24
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (20.0-b12 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Derivative: IcedTea6 1.11.4
# Distribution: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, package 6b24-1.11.4-1ubuntu0.12.04.1
# Problematic frame:
# C [libX11.so.6+0x33c58] XQueryExtension+0x28
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /tmp/hs_err_pid15507.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please include
# instructions how to reproduce the bug and visit:
# https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openjdk-6/
#
Aborted (core dumped)

Specs:
Ubuntu 12.04
i5-2500k
Radeon HD 6870

The log is attached. Is there a fix for this? As a suggestion, I think it might be better if the settings were saved when the settings dialog is closed, rather than when the emulator exits.
(09-17-2012, 02:59 AM)slmpika Wrote: [ -> ]I have to go through the settings dialog every time I open the emulator.
As a suggestion, I think it might be better if the settings were saved when the settings dialog is closed, rather than when the emulator exits.
Mmmm, i don't know if JPCSP works different under Ubuntu, but on Windows JPCSP settings are stored under the file "Settings.properties"; that file can be edit with an simple text editor like Notepad++; the options that ends with 0 are disabled, 1 means are enabled so you might check the file whit emulator open and after it closed to compare if it in did store the changes and get closer to the where the error happen.

Hope it help.

Try update Java and try again If not work Use Sun's Java is more compatible than the OpenJDK.

It still crashes after installing Sun's Java with a similar error.

Quote:#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f2fd80eac58, pid=7626, tid=139843493410560
#
# JRE version: Java™ SE Runtime Environment (8.0-b56)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (24.0-b22 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [libX11.so.6+0x33c58] XQueryExtension+0x28
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /tmp/hs_err_pid7626.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

Regarding the Settings.properties file, this file nor the .jpcsp directory are never created because it does not exit without crashing, so unfortunately, the file does not exist for me to edit.