EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Vertical Cache Help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am trying to run Project Diva 2 on JPCSP, and while the game is playable, I am getting incosistant lag. My computer is more than qualified to run the game (3.3 Ghz, 12 GB RAM, 2GB GFX Card) and I can play it, it just has a very shaky frame rate. I have tried all of the suggestions in its dedicated thread and none of them helped out much. I did notice, however, that when enabling Vertical Cache, the screen would go black, yet the frame rate would pick up and the sound would play. Is there any way to fix this problem? Thank you.
Have you turned off vsync?
Yes I have in my Nvidia Control Panel. It is this option, right? http://gyazo.com/86b72d11742984a2943a57a8f9325645
Hmm then try using JPCSP launcher and/or enlarge the xmx memory size.
(09-01-2012, 06:40 PM)icecoffemix Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm then try using JPCSP launcher and/or enlarge the xmx memory size.

I got the launcher and increased the xmx size to 8000 and it still does not work. I'll attach my log.
(09-01-2012, 05:03 AM)StriderFan Wrote: [ -> ]I did notice, however, that when enabling Vertical Cache, the screen would go black, yet the frame rate would pick up and the sound would play.
I guess what you mean is "Vertex Cache". If you are getting lag, activating Vertex Cache will help you gain speed; however, some games graphics break with this option on. So, keep this issue only on 1 post on game dedicated thread so the forum keep some order.

Remember the tips i told you here:
(09-02-2012, 12:19 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: [ -> ]Game dedicated thread that can be found here:
Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2nd [ULJM05681]

The info log will help developers locate the issue and if you can, some pictures attached there will help too. Finally, a fix made on other game maybe will help your game so keep trying the game with newest release and always post a log of every test so dev can locate differences if they exist. Latest release of JPCSP will be found here:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
Okay just posted there, thanks. I figured the thread was dead which is why I never bothered to post in it. Right now I'm going to try the original to see if maybe the sequel just is not cooperating.