EmuNewz Network

Full Version: RoM-Jacket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
RoM-Jacket

v.5b

Homepage
DOWNLOAD
Help (with Video Tutorial)

What it is:

Easily add, control and play games with your joystick from your favorite media-center.
RoM-Jacket was created to allow roms to be launched with a configuration unique to the game, indipendent of the emulator and within a library structure compatible with popular media-center/arcade front-ends such as XBMC, Hyperspin, Maximus Arcade, Game-EX, Media Browser/Gamebrowser etc...

i.e: to give each rom a "jacket": A folder that contains the rom and everything associated with it in order to maintain portability and preserve the rom as it exists and is executed from within a front-end.

What it does:
• Downloads, installs and configures the required emulators, desired front-ends, and joystick programs including any required dependencies.
• Generates and configures joystick profiles and a rom-launcher for every rom.
• Save-files, quick-saves, snapshots, metadata, artwork and emulator-settings are all unique and exclusive to the rom.
• Configures the WMC Media Browser plugin, Gamebrowser for MB plugin, and XBMC plugins: Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser.

How it works:

RoM-Jacket uses dirty-logic to determine your existing library's contents.
RoM-Jacket will introduce itself and make obscene gestures. RoM-Jacket knows what to do with your bios. Just relax and let RoM-Jacket handle your joystick.

NOTE:

This program is not even a program but a piece of scrippery taking your computer from behind and having its way with it. It is made of glue and macaroni and was written with crayons.
I take no responsibility for any damage Rom-Jacket may cause upon execution. I've tested this at least twice however it contains small pieces of glass and should only be used under the strict supervision of an adult.

RoM-Jacket supports the following systems:
Various Arcade Machines
Capcom Play Systems I, II & III
NeoGeo MVS
NeoGeo CD
Sega Model 3
Sega Naomi
Atomiswave
Bandai Wonder Swan
Bandai Wonder Swan Color
Amstrad CPC
Atari 2600