EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Beta-testing Virtual File System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi beta-testers,

in r2694, I've enabled the Virtual File System for beta-testing. It has been disabled again in r2695.
Could you perform regression tests with r2694 (exactly this one revision) on different applications. The functionality should be unchanged.
If you find problems, please post a log in this thread: select INFO level and add the following line into your LogSettings.xml:
Code:
<logger name='hle.IoFileMgrForUser'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>

Thank you for your support!
Sorry gid, but for what is this?
(08-22-2012, 12:49 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry gid, but for what is this?
This is mainly a cleaner implementation of the PSP file system. It is better matching the way the PSP is working internally.
This will allow more flexible mounting of devices (e.g. new feature http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=76468 ) and also the full implementation of the PSP host0: device.

As the new implementation is changing drastically all the file system access, I decided to offer it first for beta-testing as it could break all the games...
Well, good luck with that. I tested my games on r2694 and they are running the same. Let's hope it still that good with other users games.
splinter cell essentials seems to break in r2694 pauses at the loading screen before the main menu., the game seemed to worked ok in r2693

edit forgot to add the debug line to logger, let me know if you need another log Smile
The opening movie in Heroes Phantasia crashes JPCSP when Virtual File System is active. When disabled, it runs fine. I've attached both logs with VFS active and inactive for comparison. Sorry for the huge logs, I enabled debug mode for hle.IoFileMgrForUser and compiler. As a frame of reference to synchronize time between the 2 logs, the crash which occurs at time 38469 in log_with_vfs.html corresponds to time 39125 in log_no_vfs.html where the opening movie begins playing.