EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Gray screen problem and a possible solution.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, here's the thing. r1772 works just fine for me, besides there being no music at all (sfx works, though, and unrelated but, if someone could tell me how to make the music show up on r1772, that'd be awesome). When i run r1772 JPCSP, The screen below the commands Run, Pause, and Reset is black, and I am able to load up games from UMD just fine (The FPS and all shows up at the top of the emulator.)

However, the most recent version of JPCSP does not work whatsoever, and simply displays a gray screen, even when i load up a game (No FPS shows up at top of the emulator.). Moreover, there is no code showing up in the cmd window when i press anything. I tried many things to try to get the game to work as it does in r1772, but nothing is working. I tried downgrading to r1901 to see if that could have been a alternate solution, but it doesn't work.

As for the possible solution to this, I saw something that may actually be causing the problem overall: r1799's update.

r1799 Update is as followed: Update Windows batch scripts to find the Java path from the registry instead of using default installation path.
The only problem I see is for people running the 64bit batch script from a 32bit context on a 64bit OS as I can't find a way to query the right registry value. Should be quite rare...

http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/

I tried even manually inputting the Java path through JPCSP launcher, as i had a theory it wasn't detecting Java from this change in that revision, but it didn't work. I have a new theory though that maybe if this was changed back to the default installation path, it would start working normally again.

Is it possible to change this back to the default installation path? Also wish to ask what use was there to change the method of how to find Java?

I will thank anyone massively who can solve my problem.

P.S. If screenshots are needed to show what my problem is clearly, I will be happy to provide them.
I'm the one who made that commit. How are you trying to run the bat file ? If you have a normal 64bit installation and double click it, it shouldn't happen. Unless you have a 32bit explorer or anything in between.
There's just no way to find the installation path of the 64bit Java when the program is 32bit. It can't work, and hardcoding the path isn't the right way to do this. Fix your environment !
(08-15-2011, 10:56 PM)Orphis Wrote: [ -> ]I'm the one who made that commit. How are you trying to run the bat file ? If you have a normal 64bit installation and double click it, it shouldn't happen. Unless you have a 32bit explorer or anything in between.
There's just no way to find the installation path of the 64bit Java when the program is 32bit. It can't work, and hardcoding the path isn't the right way to do this. Fix your environment !
I guess i should've mentioned that my computer is 32bit, and that's kinda the thing: I am downloading 32bit of the current version of JPCSP, and I'm pretty much sure my computer is 32bit. I run the batch file as instructed in the instructions that come with the download, but this gray screen problem happens.

I'm just confused in why r1772 works just fine for me, while later and current versions doesn't. I just thought that the later versions aren't detecting Java on my computer for some reason, thus why no functions work.
Anyway, if you see Jpcsp and it outputs a gray screen only, it can't be a problem with the launcher scripts.
People often change the default installation path, we can't use it. And there's a proper way to retrieve it from the registry, and that's what we do. If your Java installation or Windows isn't working, you can't blame it on Jpcsp.
(08-16-2011, 10:03 AM)Orphis Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, if you see Jpcsp and it outputs a gray screen only, it can't be a problem with the launcher scripts.
People often change the default installation path, we can't use it. And there's a proper way to retrieve it from the registry, and that's what we do. If your Java installation or Windows isn't working, you can't blame it on Jpcsp.
I see.

I seriously can't think of what i did different with r1772 and more current revisions. All i remember is that soon as i unzipped them into the folders i wanted them to be in, r1772 worked soon as i tested it, while later revisions i downloaded didn't, and I downloaded the most current revision before r1772. Unless, I missed that I'm supposed to have the later revisions in the same folder as r1772, which could explain something.

You think there is a way to fix this, though? I can't seem to find the problem myself, and is not sure of what i did wrong. x_x'
since jpcsp is actually launching I doubt its a java problem, sounds more like an opengl issue in r1812 they switched to the newer lwjgl so that could of broke older/cheaper video cards. when upgrading svn make sure you aren't overwriting previous versions (extract to a new folder)

"r1812 Migration from JOGL to LWJGL 2.5. No new functionality has been introduced, it should be a "simple" API migration. It is required to support future new functionality."

what video card do you have and are the drivers up to date?
(08-16-2011, 08:39 PM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]since jpcsp is actually launching I doubt its a java problem, sounds more like an opengl issue in r1812 they switched to the newer lwjgl so that could of broke older/cheaper video cards. when upgrading svn make sure you aren't overwriting previous versions (extract to a new folder)

"r1812 Migration from JOGL to LWJGL 2.5. No new functionality has been introduced, it should be a "simple" API migration. It is required to support future new functionality."

what video card do you have and are the drivers up to date?
I think you may be right about the video card.

My computer fits all requirements to run JPCSP (I have Java 6 and 7, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and 4 too), but OpenGL could to be out of date.

How can I look at what version OpenGL on my computer is?

Edit:
OH WOAH. I certainly don't have OpenGL 2.0. I tried out DPSP just to see how that would run for me, and it kept saying "Open GL 2.1 is required", which shows that OpenGL on my computer is at least under 2.1. I may even think it's in the "1.0" range.

I may have to just upgrade it later on. Anyone know where you can get a better version of OpenGL?

As a personal request, is it possible for a developer of JPCSP to create a "JOGL" 32bit version of at least r1901 (Just to have the option to configure audio/video easily with just Sonic Stage) or even just add r1900's update to r1722?
nothing in jpcsp uses net framework...

anyways quickest way i can think of to find video card is go to device manager -> Display adapters

to find opengl version edit LogSettings.xml in jpcsp main directory find where it says
<root>
<level value ='off' />

change 'off' to 'Info' save, then start jpcsp you should see the opengl info in the logger window or in Log.html

you might just need to update your video card drivers, it could be using generic windows driver or even vga drivers if you never installed any. Jpcsp works on my other pc's really old geforce 4 video card, so I highly doubt you have something older then that (if its older then that then i'd consider a whole pc upgrade).
(08-16-2011, 11:01 PM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]nothing in jpcsp uses net framework...

anyways quickest way i can think of to find video card is go to device manager -> Display adapters

to find opengl version edit LogSettings.xml in jpcsp main directory find where it says
<root>
<level value ='off' />

change 'off' to 'Info' save, then start jpcsp you should see the opengl info in the logger window or in Log.html

opengl comes with video card drivers, so you might just need to update your video card drivers, it could be using generic windows driver or even vga drivers if you never installed any.
Ok then, yep, you were right.

OpenGL version: 1.1.0. Wow XD

Thanks loads so far. Just another question. How do I update my video card drivers, and what do you recommend?
I can't really help with that since you need to find out what video card you have (I have no idea what it could be, either look inside the computer case / read manual if its intrigrated ..etc) . then just go to the manufactures site eg: nvidia.com / ati.com / intel.com find the correct drivers for the video card, if its some generic video card then you might be out of luck, and might want to consider a pc upgrade
Pages: 1 2