EmuNewz Network

Full Version: 3D Scene export and Texture modding available in r2572
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi to all PSP game modders,

an export of the current 3D scene objects is now available in r2572. The export is done in Wavefront format .obj/.mtl and is also including the object textures in 32-bit .bmp format.
The .obj file can be imported in a 3D modeling application (e.g. Blender).

The textures of a game can also be modded: modify the exported textures and they can be reused by Jpcsp instead of the game original textures.

See the README.txt for more information, or post questions here Smile

Have fun!
sound great, cant wait to try it once i get my other pc up and running Smile
Will it extract only a model or the whole scene?
where can i find a full explanation of that ?

what thing i can do now i couldnt do it in the past ?
You can export 3D models and their textures

Edit:Hmmm,I tried to export the scene from Kingdom Hearts Birth by sleep,the one at the beggining when ventus comes down the stairs,here is the result:
[Image: exportinjpcsp.png]

I tried opening it in blender but nothing.Also the bmp files are good

Edit2:Ok,opening it with with blender has the same result
[Image: BLender.png]
THIS IS REALLY AWESOME

thanks for adapting, or basing on drakon's lamb, this is what i always needed for psp ripping!
here's some raw stuff
i recomend using a batch converter so you can vertical flip and convert everything in a single row (if you want to do this one by one i warn you too many files)
the only problem i found so far, even when i was using the old method (real psp using ram(3d mesh) and jpcsp with debugger (textures) is some MGS character textures when they got extracted they got corrupted, (look at the girl model) but the environments are ripped flawlessly, I also riped the predator drop pod and the predator itself.
[Image: directjpcspemurip.png]
[Image: metalgearzeke.png]
[Image: kratos3d.png]
[Image: mporipable.png]

ANYWAYS EXCELLENT JOB PEOPLE!!! I will see if i can fix the broken textures or maybe with time you guys might improve the texture ripping thing
Kratos looks emm....cool?
overall works nicely here a few of my (old) programs don't like the 32bit bmps (Gmax :p) , and sometimes i need to filp the images so they show up correctly not really a big deal though. :P
i get the geometry looking fine, but all textures were all corrupted in some way. they have the graphical data inside and the 3d renderers can show them, but no program can open them (i had to hex edit the header a bit to open them).
edit: i found one that does work. a freeware tool called alphaconv can convert the bmp into png, which then can be edited to turn them upside down, and then converted back to 32 bit bmp, this time with a valid header. http://www.najmanowicz.com/temp/AlphaConv.zip

maybe converting them into pngs would work better in the future, since not many graphical editors can open 32 bit bmps without forcefully deleting alpha channel and converting them into 24 bit ones, and it'd fix the problem with upside down textures that are caused by them being in bmp format.

edit: some parts of the model are dumped wrongly:
[Image: models.png]
left one's how the dumps look right now, right one's how it should look, with the renderer forced to render all triangles as 2 sided.

edit2:
[Image: drac.png]
this one came out pretty decently. obviously with 2 sided polygons hack enabled, without that it's full of holes.
MPO characters and maps now work flawlessly after changing a couple of video options, but peace walker is ripping good too but the problem still are the corrupted .bmp's...
[Image: corruptedtexturerip.jpg]

[Image: corruptedtexturerip-1.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4