EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Update notice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if we could get an option that would let jpcsp check the buildbot and see if a newer version is out without having to check it time? Also can we check it as a setting for people that don't have internet or just don't want to get a pop up notice every time they start jpcsp? Just an idea I had.
I was going to add something like this to my launcher, ..I actually had it implemented (still do just commented out :), It would read the google code latest rev) but it made the exe size to big for my liking since I needed to add a ton of support code so it could read webpages then get only the version so i scrapped the idea (I want to keep my app small and low memory usage plus it trying to access the internet might not go well with some people :).

Maybe when I get some free time ill work on it more and see if I can get the size down, I've been really busy lately.
No hurry. I'm just glad I'm not the only one that thought about it. ^_^
Or maybe a link or something to just lead to the page or something. Let the user download it themselves.
(08-05-2011, 06:35 AM)servarus Wrote: [ -> ]Or maybe a link or something to just lead to the page or something. Let the user download it themselves.

In the launcher I already added the links awhile back :p, right click anywhere on the interface or the icon
[context menu] -> About -> Jpcsp -> all the links are here - forum, build bot, google project page ..etc