EmuNewz Network

Full Version: How do you copy the game saves into the new svn so then I can keep the game saves?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The only way I could think of is to copy the bin folder from the svn build I have been using 2188 and then paste it onto the desktop for backup purposes then copy the bin folder from the new svn build I just got 2190 then paste it into the 2188 svn build folder and update the emulator. I tried to copy the game saves folder into the new svn builds folder but each time I tried to start the game it kept telling me it found no game saves. So is the way I did this fine? Or will it cause some issues.
not the bin but the the ms0 folder >>> copy it to your new svn and the saves will be moved!!
Ok that worked. But either way seemed to work fine as what I just did was update the emulator by placing the bin folder from the new release and put it in the old release. It seemed that just copying the save data folder wasn't enough for some odd reason.
(06-17-2011, 10:22 PM)willmon22 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok that worked. But either way seemed to work fine as what I just did was update the emulator by placing the bin folder from the new release and put it in the old release. It seemed that just copying the save data folder wasn't enough for some odd reason.

Just move the ms0 folder into the new build as well as the umdimages, tmp, launcher, and flash0 folder ( if your using real psp fonts ) into the new build from the old build. This way there are no possible complications that you'll come across in the future. The bin folder has nothing to do with the save data.
I know. I just copied the bin folder as it includes the latest build in it. So then copying the bin folder with the latest build in it and putting it into the old build would just be updating the build.
(06-18-2011, 12:33 PM)willmon22 Wrote: [ -> ]I know. I just copied the bin folder as it includes the latest build in it. So then copying the bin folder with the latest build in it and putting it into the old build would just be updating the build.
The required files are not just located into the bin directory, so the other way round (like suggested by Kai3213) is safer.