EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Features?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have some things to point out in the EMU(r2110) and some things to ask Smile .

First the things to point out :
1. Can someone make a working RESET button already i'm tired of restarting JPCSP over and over again when doing tests on games.
2. Can the Anisotropic filtering option be saved and applied automatically when i start JPCSP because i'm also tired of enabling it manually every time i play something (i'm a lazybones aren't I Tongue ).
3. The Video -> Resize -> anything bigger than 1x still resizes the window to an incorrect aspect ratio (see my post in P3P).

Now question time : Smile
1. Can someone tell me a game where using shaders does not destroy all the textures since i can't seem to find one?
2. In the video settings panel what does Resolution mean exactly ?(as in the fullscreen resolution or the internal PSP resolution/upscaling?) . Also selecting anything other than native maximizes the JPCSP window and gives an error (don't know what error though since i can't bring the error window in front of the maximized JPCSP window).
3. What does the Disable UBO option do and when must i use it?
4. Maximum method size 50 vs 3000 which why and when ? benefits ?

Thanks for reading Smile .
Search the forums before posting, most of your questions could have been answered already. What I do know is that reset button works fine if save GE screen isn't enabled.
I can answer number one. Dissidia works great without a problem. You actually see all the effects. I notice when I tested that Kuja's orbs look more like orbs then shiny squares. The only problem is the extreme fps lost. It also works on Crisis core. You just have to Disable UBO.
@kai3213 : yes it works with GE screen to texture but i won't disable the option just for the reset button, or rather the reset button should work with it.

@beanclr : Unfortunately i don't have these games. Any other games?
Those are the only works well with it as far as I know. None of my other games work with it. I remember in one of the revs it worked with bbs but something change and it stop. I can't remember which though.
(05-05-2011, 01:44 AM)andutrache Wrote: [ -> ]1. Can someone make a working RESET button already i'm tired of restarting JPCSP over and over again when doing tests on games.
Is it improved in r2129?
If not, please post a log file...
(05-09-2011, 03:58 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2011, 01:44 AM)andutrache Wrote: [ -> ]1. Can someone make a working RESET button already i'm tired of restarting JPCSP over and over again when doing tests on games.
Is it improved in r2129?
If not, please post a log file...

I got 'critical error' when press reset button

Running Jpcsp 32bit...
java.lang.NullPointerException
at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceFont.openFontFile(sceFont.java:387)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceFont.loadAllFonts(sceFont.java:453)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceFont.start(sceFont.java:154)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules.HLEModuleManager.startModules(HLEModuleManager.java
:371)
at jpcsp.Emulator.initCpu(Emulator.java:180)
at jpcsp.Emulator.load(Emulator.java:155)
at jpcsp.Emulator.load(Emulator.java:137)
at jpcsp.MainGUI.loadUMD(MainGUI.java:1149)
at jpcsp.MainGUI.loadUMDGame(MainGUI.java:1247)
at jpcsp.MainGUI.loadUMD(MainGUI.java:1180)
at jpcsp.MainGUI.resetEmu(MainGUI.java:1668)
at jpcsp.MainGUI.ResetButtonActionPerformed(MainGUI.java:1660)
at jpcsp.MainGUI.access$500(MainGUI.java:106)
at jpcsp.MainGUI$5.actionPerformed(MainGUI.java:327)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Sour
ce)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
(05-09-2011, 04:29 PM)jacky400 Wrote: [ -> ]java.lang.NullPointerException
Whoops, is it fixed in r2131?
(05-09-2011, 05:06 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2011, 04:29 PM)jacky400 Wrote: [ -> ]java.lang.NullPointerException
Whoops, is it fixed in r2131?

Yes it worked okay now (tested over 10 times on the RESET button)
As this was only related to the GETexture specific case, gid already fixed this in r2131.

(05-05-2011, 01:44 AM)andutrache Wrote: [ -> ]2. Can the Anisotropic filtering option be saved and applied automatically when i start JPCSP because i'm also tired of enabling it manually every time i play something (i'm a lazybones aren't I Tongue ).
Added in r2132. Tongue

(05-05-2011, 01:44 AM)andutrache Wrote: [ -> ]3. The Video -> Resize -> anything bigger than 1x still resizes the window to an incorrect aspect ratio (see my post in P3P).
I'm working on better resize support as of r2132. Could you please give it a try to see if there are any improvements? Thanks!

(05-05-2011, 01:44 AM)andutrache Wrote: [ -> ]1. Can someone tell me a game where using shaders does not destroy all the textures since i can't seem to find one?
This really depends a lot on GPU, ingame graphics...
But I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of games that have been sucessfully tested with shaders on.

(05-05-2011, 01:44 AM)andutrache Wrote: [ -> ]2. In the video settings panel what does Resolution mean exactly ?(as in the fullscreen resolution or the internal PSP resolution/upscaling?) . Also selecting anything other than native maximizes the JPCSP window and gives an error (don't know what error though since i can't bring the error window in front of the maximized JPCSP window).
The "Resolution" is an option that allows changing the display's native resolution. With this option, you can emulate, for instance, a 800x600 system in fullscreen exclusive mode.
Of course, not everybody benefits from this and, due to the way Java employs this mechanism, it can trigger the error you mentioned. I'm currently studying workarounds for that, but if all you want is a good fullscreen option, then the native resolution + fullscreen is more than enough. Wink

(05-05-2011, 01:44 AM)andutrache Wrote: [ -> ]3. What does the Disable UBO option do and when must i use it?
Like gid explain in this thread: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=4262
That option turns off our Uniform Buffer Object handling.

(05-05-2011, 01:44 AM)andutrache Wrote: [ -> ]4. Maximum method size 50 vs 3000 which why and when ? benefits ?
There aren't many benefits on messing up with the compiler's method size. The ideal is to let it handle as much as possible, but, if a game tends to crash often with runtime errors, then you may want to experiment with those values to see how long the compiler can go depending on how smaller the method size is.
Pages: 1 2