EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Suggestion: Auto savegame backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a small suggestion: have jpcsp make auto backups of savegames (stuff the games writes to memory card). I don't know to which extent it this is possible though. If it is possible, then being able to chose how many backups are made\kept would be a nice option.
(04-06-2011, 10:31 AM)Szarikow Wrote: [ -> ]I have a small suggestion: have jpcsp make auto backups of savegames (stuff the games writes to memory card). I don't know to which extent it this is possible though. If it is possible, then being able to chose how many backups are made\kept would be a nice option.

Hmm...
It could be a nice feature to have, but it would probably work better under the form of a snapshot. Since there are no guarantees the games could accept saved data manually generated (games prepare it themselves with the sceUtility functions), I think it should be a better idea to adapt the snapshot functionality to work on an automatic basis.
Of course, the current snapshot functioning is still too raw for this. Not only, it's still not saving a lot of the internal context of the emulator, but it also takes a huge ammount of space just to save the RAM image of the current game.