EmuNewz Network

Full Version: hard drive memory problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys im having a problem playing FF VII:Crisis core , while im playing my hard drive memory is constantly decreasing :S

does anyone have the same problem? how can i fix this? someone help me pls
(03-01-2011, 02:33 PM)DPassos92 Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys im having a problem playing FF VII:Crisis core , while im playing my hard drive memory is constantly decreasing :S

I assume it is because of the TMP folder. All the AT3+ files are converted to WAV files (uncompressed) which are very big (30-40 MB+). After a while playing you have 1 GB easily.
can you delete everything from the TMP folder without it harming any of the games?
(03-01-2011, 04:55 PM)Darth1701 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2011, 02:33 PM)DPassos92 Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys im having a problem playing FF VII:Crisis core , while im playing my hard drive memory is constantly decreasing :S

I assume it is because of the TMP folder. All the AT3+ files are converted to WAV files (uncompressed) which are very big (30-40 MB+). After a while playing you have 1 GB easily.

I deleted the files in TMP. i had already 4 gb of files xD

now i can go on playing. THANKS Big Grin
(03-01-2011, 05:57 PM)Vegerunks Wrote: [ -> ]can you delete everything from the TMP folder without it harming any of the games?

Well if you delete everything then all the audio files you have decoded from that point will be gone and you'll have to decode everything all over again.
well what happens if you have to decode everything again? is it going to make the audio work less?
The audio will still work, but during the game you will encounter pauses when the emulator has to decode the audio before playing it. The bigger the audio file (and the slower your CPU is), the longer the pause. If the audio is already decoded in the tmp folder then the emulator just plays the decoded audio directly so no pauses will occur. Therefore for best performance just leave the tmp folder alone and get a larger hard disk drive instead. Smile