EmuNewz Network

Full Version: shaders on ati, and a suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, why in ati card doesnt work and on nvidia yes?

and theres have a possibility of put on jpcsp the speed of emulation in % ? like other emus (pcsx2, dolphin, epsxe etc),I think that would be useful.

well thats all, and congrats for the latest releases, the speed goes a bit faster that before
(02-06-2011, 02:45 PM)darkcloudl Wrote: [ -> ]hello, why in ati card doesnt work and on nvidia yes?

and theres have a possibility of put on jpcsp the speed of emulation in % ? like other emus (pcsx2, dolphin, epsxe etc),I think that would be useful.

well thats all, and congrats for the latest releases, the speed goes a bit faster that before

Because ATI has some heavy bugs in it. On every Catalyst version it's getting better and better Wink 10.12 was the first that finished the compile process at startup, 11.1 is now a bit more stable (10.12 was a real problem). So I think this is more AMD's problem than JPCSP's.

You have the FPS. All PSP games have a FPS of 60 FPS, so if you get 30 FPS you have 50%, I don't think it will be better to show a percentage and drop the FPS.
(02-06-2011, 03:20 PM)Darth1701 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2011, 02:45 PM)darkcloudl Wrote: [ -> ]hello, why in ati card doesnt work and on nvidia yes?

Because ATI has some heavy bugs in it. On every Catalyst version it's getting better and better Wink 10.12 was the first that finished the compile process at startup, 11.1 is now a bit more stable (10.12 was a real problem). So I think this is more AMD's problem than JPCSP's.

You have the FPS. All PSP games have a FPS of 60 FPS, so if you get 30 FPS you have 50%, I don't think it will be better to show a percentage and drop the FPS.

i see about ati u.u well ....who cares, i still prefer ati XD.

im a bit confused about the fps...all the psp games goes to 60 fps ingame for 100% (fullspeed)? with castlevania i have fullspeed gameplay with 30 fps, and with dissidia in recent jpcsp releases (jpcsp new rev x64+win 7 magnifier+ playing in planet core or ff4 scenario) i have almost fullspeed (with 25-28 fps), but with 3rd birthday some parts need 30 fps for fullspeed, but anoter parts need 60 fps.... I thought that the frame rate depends on the game... Confused
(02-06-2011, 05:06 PM)darkcloudl Wrote: [ -> ]im a bit confused about the fps...all the psp games goes to 60 fps ingame for 100% (fullspeed)? with castlevania i have fullspeed gameplay with 30 fps, and with dissidia in recent jpcsp releases (jpcsp new rev x64+win 7 magnifier+ playing in planet core or ff4 scenario) i have almost fullspeed (with 25-28 fps), but with 3rd birthday some parts need 30 fps for fullspeed, but anoter parts need 60 fps.... I thought that the frame rate depends on the game... Confused

Don't be confused. PSP LCD can display up to 60 frames per second and not more. But some games chose to display 30 frames per second so they can compute more objects between each frame. So yes, some games are full-speed in-game at 30 fps, some other games are full-speed in-game at 60 fps.
And some other games are full speed at 15 or 20fps too. Although it doesn't last long, that's how the game is made for when there are too many things to compute in one frame. Well made games don't care about the number of frames they render, and some others expect a perfect performance (and don't take into account if the console get older and slower...).
thank you both for the explanation, I personally think that a percentage counter next to the fps would be good to know how fast the game goes, it would be quite useful for comparing performance between different computers, thats my original suggestion Wink

(02-07-2011, 12:33 AM)Orphis Wrote: [ -> ]And some other games are full speed at 15 or 20fps too. Although it doesn't last long, that's how the game is made for when there are too many things to compute in one frame. Well made games don't care about the number of frames they render, and some others expect a perfect performance (and don't take into account if the console get older and slower...).

like ps2 shadow of the colossus, that game sometimes reaches full speed with only 15 fps, then the hardware demanding games like god of war will most likely use this system, it is good to know Tongue
Well, there's the FPS counter, and that's the most precise we can do. No way to know the FPS the game expects to run at.
(02-07-2011, 02:08 AM)Orphis Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there's the FPS counter, and that's the most precise we can do. No way to know the FPS the game expects to run at.

ahh thats clarifies my suggestion, if there is not any way to determine the expected speed, better continue with the fps system for now. Wink
And to add to the answer for the ATI problem, ATI Graphics cards are powerful but have a huge number of flaws over just visual performance.

They have horrible over heating unless you overstuff your Tower with Fans, they aren't as compatible on programs either.

But I like to use AMD Processors and Nvidia Video cards. Intel is also a good choice to go with either. Just don't trust AMD to have reliable Graphics cards