EmuNewz Network

Full Version: NVIDIA CUDA for JPCSP - worth it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looked on google for "JVM CUDA" and got this - JCUDA. Just wondering, could this increase emulation performance? Big Grin
(01-09-2011, 03:38 PM)BlackDaemon Wrote: [ -> ]Looked on google for "JVM CUDA" and got this - JCUDA. Just wondering, could this increase emulation performance? Big Grin

Or this: http://www.jocl.org/ for both Nvidia and AMD WinkTongue
Hmm, intersting... Smile
Although it could really help wrapping up a few things and provide better code, I'm afraid this could only be a valid option if we only supported NVIDIA cards alone. Binding JPCSP to work with JCUDA needs some code rewriting take may be useless if we end up restricting our portability. Sad
Nonetheless, I believe it could improve the overall performance significantly depending on the way we used the APIs.

EDIT: @Darth1701: The latest version of LWJGL seems to also provide some wrappers for OpenCL, but I haven't tested that fully. Tongue
Sorry, but I don't quite see any valid use case for Cuda or OpenCL in Jpcsp. It won't help at all !