EmuNewz Network

Full Version: System requirement for the PSCP to run?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cannot find the system requirements for this program anywhere. I have a pretty old machine.

Every time I try and start pscp.exe it crashes.

My system specs are:

Nvidia GeForce 4200 with AGP8X
AMD +2000
1.5 Gigs of ram.
Windows XP SP3

I know pretty slow huh? Is it just that I have a way too old machine or what?

Why won't the program even start?
(01-02-2011, 08:44 PM)Vg_Ace Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot find the system requirements for this program anywhere. I have a pretty old machine.

Every time I try and start pscp.exe it crashes.

My system specs are:

Nvidia GeForce 4200 with AGP8X
AMD +2000
1.5 Gigs of ram.
Windows XP SP3

I know pretty slow huh? Is it just that I have a way too old machine or what?

Why won't the program even start?

I think the problem is your graphics card. It only supports OpenGL 1.4 where PCSP requires OpenGL 2.0
Cause I was thinking it was the fact that the PSP runs on a dual core, whereas my CPU is a single core.

Can I download the newest Open GL? or are you saying my GPU just doesn't support it?
(01-02-2011, 09:13 PM)Vg_Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Cause I was thinking it was the fact that the PSP runs on a dual core, whereas my CPU is a single core.

Can I download the newest Open GL? or are you saying my GPU just doesn't support it?

I think NVidia stopped supporting your model a long time ago. Check NVidia's site for the latest drivers. I'm pretty sure you won't get 2.0 support but you could try. Single-core is not the problem.
Well i have a newer computer that I got. And I am sure it runs fine, I just wanted to upgrade the Graphics card, CPU and more memory. Do you know of any website where I could find out which CPU Graphics and memory to buy for that machine?
(01-02-2011, 09:28 PM)Vg_Ace Wrote: [ -> ]Well i have a newer computer that I got. And I am sure it runs fine, I just wanted to upgrade the Graphics card, CPU and more memory. Do you know of any website where I could find out which CPU Graphics and memory to buy for that machine?

No idea, sorry
Well I was able to get the emulator to run on my laptop so i guess i will have to use that from now on.