EmuNewz Network

Full Version: slow emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was just wondering are there any attempts to speed up the jpcsp emulator? the fps is really slow more so in naruto ninja accel 3 but overall its just slow and there is no options available in the emulator to improve the fps and i surpass the recommended specs to run this emulator,but thanks for the hard work
(12-23-2010, 06:19 PM)Antss Wrote: [ -> ]i was just wondering are there any attempts to speed up the jpcsp emulator? the fps is really slow more so in naruto ninja accel 3 but overall its just slow and there is no options available in the emulator to improve the fps and i surpass the recommended specs to run this emulator,but thanks for the hard work

Of course, but our main priority has to be accuracy.
We first need to focus on getting every functionality properly emulated and only then we should worry about improving emulation's speed, specially because a lot of these functionalities aren't still clear and are prone to change.
Taking into account the languague which JPCSP was written in (Java) it is actually quite a surprise to see, today, some games actually going beyond the 60 FPS limit, thanks to the huge ammount of parallel improvements in code compilation, thread management and a lot more that have been implemented.
However, not all games have the same needs. That game, for example, it's probably using certain resources that still need to be fine tuned in terms of emulation.
or you can use PCSP but compatibility is quite low comparing to JPCSP Big Grin
(12-23-2010, 06:48 PM)shadow Wrote: [ -> ]or you can use PCSP but compatibility is quite low comparing to JPCSP Big Grin

Exactly.
As a parallel project, PCSP offers a different approach to the same issue, but in a much faster programming language (C++). Once it's purpose is fulfilled (match JPCSP's compatibility rate), it should be more than enough for playing full speed games. Smile
Hmm, should we (users/testers) expect some "Christmas" release? Wink
Since on PCSP forums too quiet again. Tongue
well maybe a beta but i can't promise Tongue we are on vacations mode Big Grin
(12-23-2010, 07:18 PM)shadow Wrote: [ -> ]well maybe a beta but i can't promise Tongue we are on vacations mode Big Grin
lol ok
(12-23-2010, 06:48 PM)shadow Wrote: [ -> ]or you can use PCSP but compatibility is quite low comparing to JPCSP Big Grin
yea i tried pcsp but when i load a game i get a blank screen lol i feel i am doing something wrong Confused
(12-24-2010, 02:38 AM)Antss Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2010, 07:18 PM)shadow Wrote: [ -> ]well maybe a beta but i can't promise Tongue we are on vacations mode Big Grin
lol ok
yea i tried pcsp but when i load a game i get a blank screen lol i feel i am doing something wrong Confused

your not doing anything wrong, like shadow said pcsp has low compatibility at the moment so not alot of games work on it.