EmuNewz Network

Full Version: requirments for jpcsp for full speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
hia all, new here and i was wondering what machine i need to run the games on full speed.

i got a pretty beefy machine and i got a little liberary for the psp that i wanna try out, mainy final fantasy crisis core.

first off my pc:

intel core i5 760 @4.0 ghz
4gb dr3 ram
ati 5770 1gb vidcard
windows 7 64 ultimate

i was kinda hoping that my pc can handle the games like crisis core so i can buy a new dvd drive to rip the games that i own.

so if anyone know... thanks in advance! ^_^.V
(11-02-2010, 04:51 PM)warweeny Wrote: [ -> ]hia all, new here and i was wondering what machine i need to run the games on full speed.

i got a pretty beefy machine and i got a little liberary for the psp that i wanna try out, mainy final fantasy crisis core.

first off my pc:

4gb dr3 ram
ati 5770 1gb vidcard
windows 7 64 ultimate

i was kinda hoping that my pc can handle the games like crisis core so i can buy a new dvd drive to rip the games that i own.

I can't say much about the specs it often depends on the game but ... buying a new dvd drive to rip the games? Forget it Tongue You have to use your PSP with CFW to transfer the ISO via USB, there is no PC device that can read the UMD discs.
(11-03-2010, 07:19 AM)Darth1701 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2010, 04:51 PM)warweeny Wrote: [ -> ]hia all, new here and i was wondering what machine i need to run the games on full speed.

first off my pc:

4gb dr3 ram
ati 5770 1gb vidcard
windows 7 64 ultimate

I can't say much about the specs it often depends on the game but ... buying a new dvd drive to rip the games? Forget it Tongue You have to use your PSP with CFW to transfer the ISO via USB, there is no PC device that can read the UMD discs.

:O i didnt knew that!

okaaay.. how to do that xD

cfw = same as downloading/pirating games or am i seeing this wrong? is there a way to backup my umd to the psp?

thanks in advance ^^
(11-03-2010, 08:29 AM)warweeny Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2010, 07:19 AM)Darth1701 Wrote: [ -> ]

first off my pc:

4gb dr3 ram
ati 5770 1gb vidcard
windows 7 64 ultimate

:O i didnt knew that!

okaaay.. how to do that xD

cfw = same as downloading/pirating games or am i seeing this wrong? is there a way to backup my umd to the psp?

thanks in advance ^^

CFW = Custom Firmware, I think this does not fall into the pirating category. It's just a different OS for your PSP. Big Grin
It lets you run all the wonderful homebrew apps and you can also rip your UMDs to the PC. Or run some decrypter to decrypt the eboot.bin Wink

But that all depends on the model and current firmware. What model/firmware do you have?
i have the psp 300 series with the lates update i think it was 6.31.

hope it is not to late for me Sad

the reason i thought piracy was involved is because people with custom firmware play illegal games on their psp (just download and play)
(11-03-2010, 07:40 PM)warweeny Wrote: [ -> ]i have the psp 300 series with the lates update i think it was 6.31.

the reason i thought piracy was involved is because people with custom firmware play illegal games on their psp (just download and play)

I think you're out of luck then. I know of no way to run a CFW (or HEN) on a PSP 3000 / 6.31 firmware. Maybe there comes something in the future.

You can't say all people with custom firmware only play downloaded stuff, it is true some are doing this but there is also the one that have CFW to run homebrew apps (SNES emulator and so on).
(11-03-2010, 08:08 PM)Darth1701 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2010, 07:40 PM)warweeny Wrote: [ -> ]i have the psp 300 series with the lates update i think it was 6.31.

I think you're out of luck then. I know of no way to run a CFW (or HEN) on a PSP 3000 / 6.31 firmware. Maybe there comes something in the future.

You can't say all people with custom firmware only play downloaded stuff, it is true some are doing this but there is also the one that have CFW to run homebrew apps (SNES emulator and so on).

snes emulators are illegal to you know xD
but that sucks, hmm, maybe a friends has a custom firmware on his psp... does it matter wich cfw you have?
(11-04-2010, 11:20 AM)warweeny Wrote: [ -> ]

but that sucks, hmm, maybe a friends has a custom firmware on his psp... does it matter wich cfw you have?

SNES emulator illegal? Since when? It's always the ROMs that matters. If you have the original cartridge, IMO you can play that on your PSP too.

I think it's not important what CFW you have exactly, ripping UMDs should work with pretty much every CFW.
(11-04-2010, 11:46 AM)Darth1701 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2010, 11:20 AM)warweeny Wrote: [ -> ]

SNES emulator illegal? Since when? It's always the ROMs that matters. If you have the original cartridge, IMO you can play that on your PSP too.

I think it's not important what CFW you have exactly, ripping UMDs should work with pretty much every CFW.

well they are illegal because most people dont have a snes at home so it is still basicaly stealing, but the whole piracy aside, a friend of mine has a psp 2000 with custum firmware so i ripped crisiscore off it and tried in for the jpcsp and well... it works xD hoping that in the future you can get graphical upgrades for the games because if i go fullscreen it is jaggy as hell xD

got 40+ frames on it tho so it is pretty playable.
EDIT: This is about USA copyright laws only. other countries may allow you to copy, BUT no game company allows this. ie: nintendo says hey we will sue you, but sweden says, that doesnt apply here. company side, its illegal no matter where you are, but of course your country has to agree. so the info below is about usa, which is where i live and where copyright is highest.

Theres no one emulator on the face of this earth that is ILLEGAL, as its code belongs to and is created by its programer. what is illegal is ROMS. and its a MYTH that if you own the actual game you can have the rom too. this isnt true, its purely illegal no matter what to copy games. be it backups of pc games, roms etc. all of them are illegal to have period. even if you own the original. people THINK and say that you need to delete the rom within 24 hours if you dont own it blah blah, not true, you cant even have it PERIOD. all the ROM websites try to say that in order for you to download there roms you must own the original, again, not true. even if you own it, its illegal to download the roms or make one yourself. this is why its called COPYRIGHT laws. no share laws. copyright is purely against people COPYING games. period. has nothing to do with sharing them. you are not legally allowed to copy any game you own, for any reason. period, end of story.

Emulators are property of there programers and even if they do what an snes does, they still are NOT an snes nor contain code thats in the snes's system. hence why its called an EMULATOR. all emu's are legal as they do not contain copyrighted materials. all code is invented by the emu maker.

Thats why dark alex got into trouble years ago. he CRACKED the psp firmware to run games etc. but when sony complained, he was forced to create EMULATED firmware using his own code. the firmware we have today on our psp's is NOT psp firmware, its actually an EMULATOR that acts like the firmware of a psp. the info on what i just said was on QJ psp site years ago.

Anyways, thought i would throw that in. this is my first post lol.
Some of you may know me, im Sketch, creator of OHG. not active anymore.

-Sketch
Lovin the emulator. props to dev's.
Pages: 1 2 3 4