EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Looping sounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been watching progress of JPCSP for a while, and I'm amazed at what you guys have been able to achieve in such a short time. Crisis Core:FFVII, one of my two PSP games, is almost completely enjoyable now. One of the few things missing, at least that I've noticed, are looping sounds.

Is this something that's going to be addressed soon? Has it been discussed? From what I've been able to gather, the loop tag(?) is located in the AT3 file, which is apparently lost during the conversion to another file type. So what would be the best way to handle it? Would it be easier to try to preserve the tag in the converted file, or have some sort of scan of the original AT3s and keep a master list file for the names of the ones that should loop?

I hope I'm not out of line for posting this. I just thought I'd try to get some attention on a subject that's not had much, at least as far as I've been able to see.
(10-31-2010, 03:09 AM)Pelinor Wrote: [ -> ]I've been watching progress of JPCSP for a while, and I'm amazed at what you guys have been able to achieve in such a short time. Crisis Core:FFVII, one of my two PSP games, is almost completely enjoyable now. One of the few things missing, at least that I've noticed, are looping sounds.

Is this something that's going to be addressed soon? Has it been discussed? From what I've been able to gather, the loop tag(?) is located in the AT3 file, which is apparently lost during the conversion to another file type. So what would be the best way to handle it? Would it be easier to try to preserve the tag in the converted file, or have some sort of scan of the original AT3s and keep a master list file for the names of the ones that should loop?

I hope I'm not out of line for posting this. I just thought I'd try to get some attention on a subject that's not had much, at least as far as I've been able to see.

Fortunately, the PSP's ATRAC3 library that we emulate has functions that force the user to set externally the ammount of loops to be set for each file. We already keep track of that value, but the loop playback is still disabled on our Atrac Codec.
While it can't do much for AT3+, it shouldn't be too hard to implement a full loop playback mechanism for AT3 now.
Thanks for pointing this out. Smile