EmuNewz Network

Full Version: DB Shin Budokai Another road, Full speed but still slow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi and greetings to all I am new in the forum.

To the issue:

I am running JPCSP R1718 through the jpcsp launcher and I manage to play Shin Budokai Another road, with in game videos and everything. The thing is, I am able to play the game at 30 fps with the "Only GE graphics" option ON and at 60 fps with that option off.

It would seem that everything is just perfect but no, the game plays slow and is so weird because no matter how many frames it renders it keeps on being slow (I've play the game at 70 fps sometimes).

Maybe the original PSP does something similar to frameskipping??

There is no way I am understanding this...

My specs are:

Athlon 2 X2 250 Oced at 3750 mhz, 2 cores.
Ati Saphire Vapor-X HD 5770
Windows 7 and XP SP3.

Any commentaries would be aprecciated, Cheers from Chile.
(10-08-2010, 11:05 PM)nashismo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi and greetings to all I am new in the forum.

To the issue:

I am running JPCSP R1718 through the jpcsp launcher and I manage to play Shin Budokai Another road, with in game videos and everything. The thing is, I am able to play the game at 30 fps with the "Only GE graphics" option ON and at 60 fps with that option off.

It would seem that everything is just perfect but no, the game plays slow and is so weird because no matter how many frames it renders it keeps on being slow (I've play the game at 70 fps sometimes).

Maybe the original PSP does something similar to frameskipping??

There is no way I am understanding this...

My specs are:

Athlon 2 X2 250 Oced at 3750 mhz, 2 cores.
Ati Saphire Vapor-X HD 5770
Windows 7 and XP SP3.

Any commentaries would be aprecciated, Cheers from Chile.

Update to the latest svn build Automated Jpcsp Builds
I am sorry, I had a spelling mistake I use revision 1781!

Sorry and thanks for everything, If anybody knows what could be happenning I guess it could be helpfull for everyone not just me.
Hmm...
So, you're saying that the game does render 60 frames per second, but the gameplay still feels a bit sluggish?
I've checked YouTube and there are a couple of people who also tested this game, and from their videos the game seems to run fast, but you may be talking about controller responsiveness. For example, you press right, and the character takes 3 to 4 seconds to move. Is that it?
(10-09-2010, 02:44 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm...
So, you're saying that the game does render 60 frames per second, but the gameplay still feels a bit sluggish?
I've checked YouTube and there are a couple of people who also tested this game, and from their videos the game seems to run fast, but you may be talking about controller responsiveness. For example, you press right, and the character takes 3 to 4 seconds to move. Is that it?

Sorry to reply to such an old post... (I wasn't receiving thread alerts)

No, it's not about control responsiveness, it is actual gameplay. Now with the latest version (1841) I am getting between 51 and 60 fps, but the game seems to be running at 30 fps, believe me I know how to calculate by mere sight Tongue as I have the latest emus dolphin, pcsx2, etc.

I would there to say that it has something to do with frameskipping or maybe not running at a similar fps than the real console Huh

It would be a good thing to know at what fps the PSP runs its games natively, could it be 30 fps?? Maybe 60 fps??

Any info on this I would love to here Smile

Cheers to all devs and members!! and excuse my spanglish (it is not so bad though Tongue )
(11-14-2010, 02:04 PM)nashismo Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2010, 02:44 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm...

Sorry to reply to such an old post... (I wasn't receiving thread alerts)

No, it's not about control responsiveness, it is actual gameplay. Now with the latest version (1841) I am getting between 51 and 60 fps, but the game seems to be running at 30 fps, believe me I know how to calculate by mere sight Tongue as I have the latest emus dolphin, pcsx2, etc.

I would there to say that it has something to do with frameskipping or maybe not running at a similar fps than the real console Huh

It would be a good thing to know at what fps the PSP runs its games natively, could it be 30 fps?? Maybe 60 fps??

Any info on this I would love to here Smile

Cheers to all devs and members!! and excuse my spanglish (it is not so bad though Tongue )

Ah, I see.
Well, some games are limited to 30 FPS on the PSP on purpose and we also emulate this, but I'm not sure if this is the case here.
How much difference can you detect between JPCSP and a PSP when playing this game?