EmuNewz Network

Full Version: best way to increase fps (sugestion topic)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
oh! i dont know that any one of the emulator team knew that the ps2 emulator pcsx2 gives an increased fps just by reducing the resolution of the game

e.g the game is working on 15 fps with a resolution of 1280 x 1280
the same game will work at 35+ if the resolution is dropped to 512 x 512

it sounds crazy to think that the jpcsx team dont know about it i am just making a request/ suggestion to please put the option of resolution in the next version of jpcsx...

then the number of game that are not possible to play will be played easily on the emulator

if i am giving a wrong suggestion .... then i am extremely sorry for that
(10-08-2010, 10:35 PM)syedubaid Wrote: [ -> ]if i am giving a wrong suggestion .... then i am extremely sorry for that

You probably notice when jpcsp is displaying psp screen, it is 480x272, which is exactly the psp resolution and may a little bit too small to display on a pc lcd. So i'm not sure we can do better.
hlide Wrote:You probably notice when jpcsp is displaying psp screen, it is 480x272, which is exactly the psp resolution and may a little bit too small to display on a pc lcd. So i'm not sure we can do better.

and could not be to redirect the polygons in 3D games or add AA to the games? (Optional in full screen)

or also add a filter for 2D games, for a better definition?

I mean Pcsx2 and Dolphin emu style .
(10-09-2010, 09:24 AM)MaXiMu Wrote: [ -> ]and could not be to redirect the polygons in 3D games or add AA to the games? (Optional in full screen)

or also add a filter for 2D games, for a better definition?

I mean Pcsx2 and Dolphin emu style .

i don't understand the first question.

adding a filter for 2d games : as far as I can see there is no way softwarely to reckonize if a game is 2D and 3D. Even Puzzle Bobble Pocket uses 3D primitives to draw rotative 2D sprites.

I never really use their panel but nvidia let you to define how to apply AA on a particular game (in case of JPCSP, you may want force AA). For AMD, i dunno

And what you suggest here will slow down the emulator, not make it faster.
at all times referred to the visual display in full screen.
I do not get references found a speed increase

On the first question, sorry for my bad English

an example pcsx2 ps2 emulator and not much performance is lost

but not all games fit, and that sometimes causes problems, bugs, errors and crash the emulator depend in the game if you used scaling option (GSDX Plugin).

First photo default internal resolution

[Image: 1defaultinternalresolut.jpg]

Two photo upscaling x3
[Image: upscaling3x.jpg]
It's not the rendering that's slowing down emulation.
So yes, we could add some antialiasing, but it's not a priority at all. There are more interesting things to do first to increase the framerate.
Well, this is a topic that requires patience on top of all. We're already studying a bunch of alternatives to improve JPCSP's performance without breaking the code too much, but the main priorities now still need to be simple and efficient.
I haven't looked at PCSX2, but I suspect the reason behind that frame rate gain is because of the FBO (or any equivalent custom method they're using for offscreen rendering) size. When changing the size, the FBO's internal size is probably also changed to save up processing resources, and that's why you see the frame rate gain.
As for filters, that's something that I'm already studying, but like Orphis stated, it's still not a priority. After we complete a few more goals in rendering and fix a few bugs, we'll obviously start adding them, so the screen will finally stop looking like a big mess of huge blocks in full screen mode. Confused
Ok, my answer was for PO regarding the question whether we can get more fullspeed games with the pcsx2 trick. The question regarding the visual quality is another story.
if I'm patientSmile just give ideas and expound here, good luck with the work you do ^^

was only a suggestion that if you could do in the future (Optional sugerence).

I know there to fix things before, like the bugs with 3D games (Buggy on Ati drivers Example in some games) and restructurcion of the modules to other things

thanks for the information and the work you do together
if i'm not mistken that pcxs2 use's same game fix's and dolphin also than why jpcsp dont have game fix it should have same game fix for really spacal game 3d fix and 2d and for speed also it matter of that jpcsp could be able to play all psp game's