EmuNewz Network

Full Version: CD-i Emulator v0.5.3-beta1 for Windows Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.cdiemu.org/

Quote:This version of CD-i Emulator is currently in closed pre-beta test and will by publicly released in a few days.

You need a reasonable (2010) PC running Windows XP or newer; on modern PC's you should have very good emulation performance. My current development dual core Pentium 2.1 GHz laptop using Windows 7 often gets 30/50 video performance or better. This will drop somewhat when MPEG is played but it is still quite good. Audio skipping should to be a thing of the past (except when writing video to a file).

A number of existing CD-i title compatibility problems have been solved for this version and a number of new CD-i player models are now fully or minimally supported.

Important new features added for this version are the following:

* Support for CHD disc image files (compatible with MESS/MAME)
* Support for writing AVI, PNG or WAV files
* Support for controlling the CD-i pointing device with the keyboard
* Support for recording and playing back CD-i input events
* Proof-of-concept support for MPEG playing on Gate Array MPEG cartridges

This version of CD-i Emulator incorporates source code from MAME/MESS used to support the CHD file format and the writing of AVI and PNG files. Such re-use is allowed by the MAME/MESS license which is essentially BSD.

This beta version is essentially a limited edition, unless you have already activated an unlimited edition on your machine or you're using a Philips Mono-I player system ROM. The latter exception allows for full compability tests against the MESS CD-i driver.

See the Player Support and DVC Support sections and Full Release Notes for more information.