EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Shader error only under Mac OSX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Code:
616 [GUI] INFO  ge - OpenGL version: 2.1 NVIDIA-1.6.16
641 [GUI] INFO  ge - Using VBO
643 [GUI] INFO  ge - Using shaders with Skinning
653 [GUI] ERROR ge - Shader info log: ERROR: 0:79: 'switch' : Reserved word.
ERROR: 0:79: 'switch' : syntax error syntax error

660 [GUI] ERROR ge - Shader info log: ERROR: 0:34: 'switch' : Reserved word.
ERROR: 0:34: 'switch' : syntax error syntax error
ERROR: Parser found no code to compile in source strings.

663 [GUI] ERROR ge - Program info log: ERROR: One or more attached shaders not successfully compiled

664 [GUI] ERROR ge - Program info log: ERROR: One or more attached shaders not successfully compiled

Validation Failed: Program is not successfully linked.

Hi guys, this shader error only occurs under mac this is a real error? or something useless ?
What OSX version do you have ?
Snow Leopard 10.6.4
OpenGL 2.1 !? that's pretty old. Try to see if you can upgrade your driver. Or consider shader option as not viable for your platform. Anyway, shader option is being considered as experimental.
nahh, only GeForce GTX 480M has opengl 3.2, all the older ones <= 2.1

shader option as not viable for my platform. =(
I have opengl version 6.14.10.7169 on my windows with ATI but jpcsp says that my version is 2.1.7169 ...
Normal ?
The support varies widely depending on the driver

An example in case of nvidia

195x-197.x Drivers Full support for OpenGL 3.2 under Windows / Linux

And the drivers 25x.xx - supports OpenGL 3.3.

-----

@ Theball Yet it has Ati GPU Model And you installed the catalyst 10.7?
ah yep ^^ I had an old version of catalyst (version 2007 lol) It's was the only driver I had never updated.
Now I have the 3.3 opengl. Thanks.
(08-24-2010, 05:36 PM)biohazard Wrote: [ -> ]nahh, only GeForce GTX 480M has opengl 3.2, all the older ones <= 2.1

I have OpenGL 3.3 + OpenCL 1.0 + some OpenGL 4.1 extensions with my old 9800GTX+ and OpenGL 3.2 + OpenCL 1.0 with my eeePC having an NVidia ION (I took Verde 19x nvidia driver as 25x driver silently denied to install a display driver).

For a nvidia mobile you can also fetch a driver at http://www.laptopvideo2go.com as they include more device ids to allow more nvidia devices to work with latest drivers (sony viao for instance).
(08-25-2010, 12:25 AM)hlide Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2010, 05:36 PM)biohazard Wrote: [ -> ]nahh, only GeForce GTX 480M has opengl 3.2, all the older ones <= 2.1

I have OpenGL 3.3 + OpenCL 1.0 + some OpenGL 4.1 extensions with my old 9800GTX+ and OpenGL 3.2 + OpenCL 1.0 with my eeePC having an NVidia ION (I took Verde 19x nvidia driver as 25x driver silently denied to install a display driver).

For a nvidia mobile you can also fetch a driver at http://www.laptopvideo2go.com as they include more device ids to allow more nvidia devices to work with latest drivers (sony viao for instance).

This site is good, but not for Mac OSX
Pages: 1 2