EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Can't Load Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am trying to play Soul Calibur V but all I get is a black screen, no audio.
I have checked:
-the QuickStart guide
-the Newcomers guide
-as well as a couple other threads but I can't quite interpret everything from the logs.
-libraries are included from what I could interpret from the guides
-firmware is installed
-and I just installed this yesterday so I imagine it's the latest build

Thanks for your patience Smile
If you know what my problem is could you tell me specifically what is wrong?

As I already said in the original post I already read everything I could, which includes the "how to report" thread so if I'm missing something please tell me what I'm missing instead of a link with no context.

Unless you're implying that I should post my problem on that thread, but that sounds very inefficient and defeats the purpose of the "support forum". (just saying)

I'll upload the log again in case it was missed in the first post.
Yes the log file is needed, otherwise you are in the dark.

Anyway, there are no real errors in the log and the settings are consistent with this guy (http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=185030). Maybe try the same build in case it regressed? Should be this one: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rp.../artifacts

Also module loading on pure auto, never fiddle with manual selection.

Also, restart RPCS3 between runs or everything is appended to the same log file making it hard to read.
Thanks for helping.

I downloaded the rps3 version from the link you gave as well as Soul Calibur 4 (I tried it with 5 before if that wasn't clear with the roman numerals).
I basically replicated the linked user's setup and got the same results.
The audio sounds very compressed (very scratchy), the fps sits around 20-50 and the textures aren't always rendered. (pops in and out depending on what your doing in game)
I also tried Soul Calibur 4 on my original rps3 version and got the same results.

Any advice?
Same build and same settings... The only conclusion is that it randomly fails. Perhaps restart a few times?
Restarting doesn't make any noticeable changes for either game.

Based on your response, in terms of Soul Calibur 4(the game I've gotten results with), I assume I've gotten results exactly as expected and that there isn't any way to improve performance as of now? Because as of now the gameplay isn't very playable.

If that's the case, then thanks for the help, but I guess I'll fiddle around with different games at this point to find one that works properly.