EmuNewz Network

Full Version: The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection [BCUS98259]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tested using rpcs3-v0.0.1-2017-03-03-48b05838_win64 on an i7 4770K @ 3.5 GHz, GTX 1070, 16 GB DDR3 running Windows 10-64 with the following settings:

PPU decoder: Interpreter (fast)
SPU decoder: Recompiler (ASMJIT)
LLE libraries picked automatically by RPCS3
Graphics settings: OpenGL @ 1280x720 w/ VSync, Frame limit set to Auto
Audio settings: XAudio2
Input/Output: XInput

The game selection menu works. I can see both game icons and switch between them (see screenshot #1 and #2). Background music, sound and animation work well. I can't recommend DX12 at the moment, it shows nothing but a solid gray screen. Using OpenGL, the menu displays fine but flickers quite a lot. Vulkan overall wins; the menu looks identical to OpenGL, but it doesn't flicker at all.

When starting either game, the screen goes black for a couple of minutes. With Vulkan, it fades to blue a couple of times. After that, the ingame sound starts, but the screen stays black all the time. I can tell from the sound effects that both games seem to react to button inputs. Shadow of the Colossus eventually displays a gray screen with a black border. It changes slightly in hue when I press buttons.

The attached 7z contains separate logs for both games.