EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk [BLES01793]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Update 2017-04-05 Game works pretty much fine, use LLVM and DX12 or Vulkan for the best experience. Save/load is now fixed. A last remaining issue with sometimes missing text will be fixed shortly.

Short version

50 minutes run

Settings I used:
OpenGL 1280x720
PPU Decoder: LLVM (ASMJIT)
SPU Decoder: Recompiler (ASMJIT)
XAudio

Log:
[attachment=21732]

Screens:
[attachment=21728][attachment=21729][attachment=21784][attachment=21730][attachment=21731]

For the record the later Atelier games: Escha & Logy and Shallie are not loadable.
(09-09-2016, 08:20 PM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Someone should test with DX12/Vulkan.
"Ask and it will be given to you"
Dx12 and Vulkan show the initial screens but seem to be stuck after a sequence of green lines in the log. The fps who was between 20 and 75 rises to somewhere between 500 and 700. After that nothing happens, you can not see or hear the intro and even reach the menu.
OpenGL appears to be unstable, in a test I had errors and could not get in the intro. But in another with the same configs i arrived at the menu and i could hear the game music. I'm uploading a video too, later I edit this post.
Strange that it doesn't work with DX12 and Vulkan, the other Atelier games do... But yes this one is very unstable, it can take multiple tries to get it anywhere. If you run it in OpenGL (and maybe DX12?) like 10 times you will probably get in game and hear music, and maybe see something, but it quickly stops loading and just sits there, slowly panning the camera away...
(10-16-2016, 04:53 PM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]Strange that it doesn't work with DX12 and Vulkan, the other Atelier games do... But yes this one is very unstable, it can take multiple tries to get it anywhere. If you run it in OpenGL (and maybe DX12?) like 10 times you will probably get in game and hear music, and maybe see something, but it quickly stops loading and just sits there, slowly panning the camera away...
It was exactly what I got with OpenGL, sometimes I get in the game and other times not. But with DX12 and Vulkan it does not appear to be possible.
Game reads content from dev_bdvd. Try to copy usrdir into dev_bdvd/PS3_Game/ and edit accordingly yml configuration file. You may go further.
(10-16-2016, 10:10 PM)ps0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Game reads content from dev_bdvd. Try to copy usrdir into dev_bdvd/PS3_Game/ and edit accordingly yml configuration file. You may go further.

The problem with this game (and all other games from the same developer) is that they stop working at random. It also seems to depend on frame rate because Atelier Totori and Ar Tonelico 3 have the highest frame rate and can usually go on for a few minutes while this game runs very slow and only rarely goes in game and then immediately falls on its face. Also some other guy with a Broadwell i7 usually got much further than my Sandy Bridge.
I am working to get the graphics
Try with my hacked build (based on the current revision with the graphics fix by KD) that can load save games, and the included save. It puts you on the world map which seems to hang less easily. I think the lower the frame rate the greater the risk of the game hanging. Totori and Ar Tonelico Qoga run the fastest and they also run the best for me. But if I slow them down by say limiting rpcs3.exe to one core or do some heavy background work they hang pretty much instantly. (Note that they all use the same engine)

Hacked build with a save file: https://mega.nz/#!xt1W2LSA!js98lovxu7nAc...uiYTN46uW8

EDIT: Of course my save is from the English version of the game so it won't work for you... maybe someone else with a very fast CPU will have some luck with it. You can try to find something online or make and decrypt your own if you have a cfw ps3.
thankļ¼
Actually in your video the save didn't properly load (probably because it's from a different version of the game) because it should put you much further in, like in year 2 of the game if I recall correctly. I have seen the same thing in Ar Tonelico 3, with an invalid/failed to load save the game just puts you in the beginning of the game where you can't do anything... Here is a screenshot from an an old version, the only time it worked for my slow computer.
[attachment=22182]
Pages: 1 2