EmuNewz Network

Full Version: nogba-v2-8-released-with-dsi-emulation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a long absence from any releases no$gba v.2.8 is released. For the first time it is having real dsi simulation.

So far, it's tested with two DSi cartridges, and two DSiware programs:

System Flaw (cartridge): Works, but the camera emulation is showing only a dummy picture with snow (which is making the game unplayable, since it misuses the camera as gyro sensor).
Cooking Coach (cartridge): Hangs for whatever reason. It doesn't seem to be related to DSi I/O ports, so it might be some more basic problem, like some of the new/bigger memory regions not being properly emulated yet, or some memory not being initialized as how the DSi firmware would do it) (running the game in NDS mode works, the problem occurs only in DSi mode.
DSi Browser (DSiware): Boots, but complains about non-emulated WLAN access point.
Flipnote Studio (DSiware): Hangs for whatever reason, might be the same problem as with cooking coach. Would be great if anybody figures out what is causing the problems!

You can check the compatibility list here

And grab the new version from here

Have an old screenshot for your trouble!
[Image: nocashgba.jpg]
As far as I know (it was long time ago), with older versions of the emulator I was able to to play pretty much any game for NDS and almost perfectly (some issues her and there). So, whats the point of this "dsi emulation" if basically all works with old versions?

What is the real purpose of "dsi emulation?
(02-17-2015, 01:59 AM)deSSy2724 Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know (it was long time ago), with older versions of the emulator I was able to to play pretty much any game for NDS and almost perfectly (some issues her and there). So, whats the point of this "dsi emulation" if basically all works with old versions?

Well thing is that the Nintendo Dsi is the next generation DS . So i guess you have used the emulator for DS games cause Dsi games were not emulated. Take a look here
(02-17-2015, 10:28 AM)Montolio Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2015, 01:59 AM)deSSy2724 Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know (it was long time ago), with older versions of the emulator I was able to to play pretty much any game for NDS and almost perfectly (some issues her and there). So, whats the point of this "dsi emulation" if basically all works with old versions?

Well thing is that the Nintendo Dsi is the next generation DS . So i guess you have used the emulator for DS games cause Dsi games were not emulated. Take a look here

Are you trying to say that there are "DSi only games" which dont work on DS consoles?