EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Newest build - Won't open on Mac OS X
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all--

(I'm running Mac OS X Yosemite. I have 16gb ram and i7 quad-core processor-- so there aren't any hardware issues as far as specs are concerned)

I first downloaded the JPCSP v0.6 macOSX from the "downloads" page of http://jpcsp.org/
(it was 0.6 1772)
This version seemed to worked absolutely fine, but when opening ISO's, I would get error messages.
So I deleted it, and downloaded the newest version r3676.

Now, when I open the program, it does nothing. The initial windows don't open, the Mac Menu bar has no options -- literally nothing to click on.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!
versions on download page are quite old ones , you should use the ones posted in the main page.

Try older version than 3676 to see if it works
unfortunately we don't have a mac PC to be able to test...
You need to start the emulator manually by running the Java interpreter.

I use the following shell script:

#!/bin/csh -fe
set curr_dir = `dirname "$0"`
cd "$curr_dir/Jpcsp.app/Contents/Resources/Java"
java -Xmx1024m -Xss2m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m -Djava.library.path=lib/macosx -jar bin/jpcsp.jar

Create a text file with this script. Save it in the same folder where you installed "Jpcsp" then left-click the file and "Open With" -> Terminal

Works great in Yosemite 10.10.2 but for some reason is not using all CPU cores.
(02-15-2015, 01:23 PM)adriano0829 Wrote: [ -> ]You need to start the emulator manually by running the Java interpreter.

I use the following shell script:

#!/bin/csh -fe
set curr_dir = `dirname "$0"`
cd "$curr_dir/Jpcsp.app/Contents/Resources/Java"
java -Xmx1024m -Xss2m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m -Djava.library.path=lib/macosx -jar bin/jpcsp.jar

Create a text file with this script. Save it in the same folder where you installed "Jpcsp" then left-click the file and "Open With" -> Terminal

Works great in Yosemite 10.10.2 but for some reason is not using all CPU cores.

I'm having the same issues as well. I am running Mavericks. Can you explain setp by step to get it to work?