EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Xenia - X360 Emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First, I don't like Xbox. Xenia is still WIP, like rpcs Big Grin. I readed on my local polish web portal, that xenia will be released in that year. If You have questions go into link below, it's official website:
https://github.com/benvanik/xenia
I read about this like a year ago. The guy behind it wrote a ton of documentation and discussed how to handle the project. No doubt a very talented person, because he got a job at Google and then abandoned the project, or so I though, because he is apparently working on it again. We will see what happens. The emulator is apparently still not at the stage where it could even in theory run some homebrew.
Apparently, it can run a few games when it comes to showing the title screen
(01-28-2014, 10:47 PM)s_ariyo Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently, it can run a few games when it comes to showing the title screen

Source on that? It says right on the github page that it doesn't run anything at all. I think the developers himself knows that best.
(01-28-2014, 10:18 PM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]I read about this like a year ago. The guy behind it wrote a ton of documentation and discussed how to handle the project. No doubt a very talented person, because he got a job at Google and then abandoned the project, or so I though, because he is apparently working on it again. We will see what happens. The emulator is apparently still not at the stage where it could even in theory run some homebrew.

You know that guy you spoke about is also Noxa, the one who wrote pspplayer which inspired Jpcsp in several aspects.
(01-28-2014, 11:52 PM)Some1Else Wrote: [ -> ]https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7045037
From the author himself
Oh wow, he is going to use Mantle. Really interesting that...

(01-28-2014, 11:58 PM)hlide Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2014, 10:18 PM)ssshadow Wrote: [ -> ]I read about this like a year ago. The guy behind it wrote a ton of documentation and discussed how to handle the project. No doubt a very talented person, because he got a job at Google and then abandoned the project, or so I though, because he is apparently working on it again. We will see what happens. The emulator is apparently still not at the stage where it could even in theory run some homebrew.

You know that guy you spoke about is also Noxa, the one who wrote pspplayer which inspired Jpcsp in several aspects.

Interesting, good to see that he has a history with this sort of thing.
Old topic but:

Xenia isnt updated since 2014-02-24, is the project still alive?

I hope this emulator doesnt die like the original xbox emu. Sad

Edit: @LittleGrejmer "First, I don't like Xbox." Why? I prefer PS3 but that doesnt mean i have to hate xbox360 i played Gears of War 3 on my friend house and its Awesome! Smile This year or in 2015 i'm getting an xbox360 when it drops price just for gears of war trilogy LOL (BTW i prefer 360 controller, better triggers and analog stick)
(03-10-2014, 09:03 PM)rafaPS360gamer Wrote: [ -> ]Old topic but:

no it isnt dead, he works on that project for years, no reason for him to stop developing it now
(03-10-2014, 09:07 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2014, 09:03 PM)rafaPS360gamer Wrote: [ -> ]Old topic but:

no it isnt dead, he works on that project for years, no reason for him to stop developing it now

Awesome Big Grin

Edit: Found another xbox1(original) emulator, even tough its not updated in some time (project died?)

https://github.com/espes/xqemu
Pages: 1 2