EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Performance issue in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite with ATI/AMD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(06-05-2013, 03:03 AM)vulcanrvn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the walkthough, my friend and myself used hamachi and played Freedom Unite over vpn and it worked great.

Only problem is my jpcsp only runs the emulator at 20fps in town and 12 outside of town, needless to say my comp is more than able to play it at max. Any suggestions on getting it to work at 30?

Windows 7 x64
Core i7 3930k
32 GB Ram
Radeon HD7970

I have looked everywhere for almost a week and still nothing, my friend has an Nvidia gpu and he runs it fine, will it not run at 30fps because of the open gl issue with ATI?

I've boldened the parts for your answer. I know youhave a superb PC (one that I could dream of Big Grin), but ATi/AMD cards don't support open format that well, that's why it's not working. Try to disable shaders or play with the shader options, those cause the FPS drops, and maybe you can run the game fine on some settings. Otherwise there are 2 options left:
-Play using another emulator, namely PPSSPP (that doesn't have multiplayer support)
-Or buy an nVidia card

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but these are the only options (at the moment)

Back to topic:
I still couldn't try playing with 3 or more people, and I couldn't try out SSID games. Will report back once I've done so Smile
Lol that's what I thought, I can play it on ppsspp running 60fps on full settings but unfortunately they do not have the ability to play over vpn, and I am not aware of any other psp emulator that does aside from this one.

Thanks for the help in any case

(06-05-2013, 06:02 AM)The_Reaper_CooL Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-05-2013, 03:03 AM)vulcanrvn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the walkthough, my friend and myself used hamachi and played Freedom Unite over vpn and it worked great.

Only problem is my jpcsp only runs the emulator at 20fps in town and 12 outside of town, needless to say my comp is more than able to play it at max. Any suggestions on getting it to work at 30?

Windows 7 x64
Core i7 3930k
32 GB Ram
Radeon HD7970

I have looked everywhere for almost a week and still nothing, my friend has an Nvidia gpu and he runs it fine, will it not run at 30fps because of the open gl issue with ATI?

I've boldened the parts for your answer. I know youhave a superb PC (one that I could dream of Big Grin), but ATi/AMD cards don't support open format that well, that's why it's not working. Try to disable shaders or play with the shader options, those cause the FPS drops, and maybe you can run the game fine on some settings. Otherwise there are 2 options left:
-Play using another emulator, namely PPSSPP (that doesn't have multiplayer support)
-Or buy an nVidia card

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but these are the only options (at the moment)

Back to topic:
I still couldn't try playing with 3 or more people, and I couldn't try out SSID games. Will report back once I've done so Smile

Windows 7 x64
Core i7 3930k
32 GB Ram
Radeon HD7970

Can you post a log file? (see my signature)

Thanks
(06-05-2013, 02:42 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]

Windows 7 x64
Core i7 3930k
32 GB Ram
Radeon HD7970

Can you post a log file? (see my signature)

Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

On a side note for more info, I have tried many settings most of which yield in around 12fps, with vanilla settings it is anywhere between 8-12fps.

Picture of settings
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/65653225.png/
(06-06-2013, 03:10 AM)vulcanrvn Wrote: [ -> ]On a side note for more info, I have tried many settings most of which yield in around 12fps, with vanilla settings it is anywhere between 8-12fps.

Picture of settings
Have you tried to enable only the following video settings:

Code:
[X] Use vertex cache
[X] Use shaders
[X] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)

Enabling the option "Disable optimized VertexInfo reading (may improve compatibility)" is probably the one having the negative impact on your FPS.

Split the thread as this issue is no longer related to thread topic.
(06-06-2013, 07:51 AM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2013, 03:10 AM)vulcanrvn Wrote: [ -> ]On a side note for more info, I have tried many settings most of which yield in around 12fps, with vanilla settings it is anywhere between 8-12fps.

Picture of settings
Have you tried to enable only the following video settings:

Code:
[X] Use vertex cache
[X] Use shaders
[X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)

Enabling the option "Disable optimized VertexInfo reading (may improve compatibility)" is probably the one having the negative impact on your FPS.

Split the thread as this issue is no longer related to thread topic.

I followed your recommended settings and got the following,
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/mh2hn.png/

That is at 4 fps (wouldn't matter anyway)

And a log file for viewing

It should be noted that once I do enable the "Disable optimized VertexInfo reading" option that the graphical error stops and everything looks fine, but it runs at 14-15 fps.

Thanks again for your time.
(06-07-2013, 01:39 AM)vulcanrvn Wrote: [ -> ]I followed your recommended settings and got the following,
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/mh2hn.png/

That is at 4 fps (wouldn't matter anyway)

And a log file for viewing

It should be noted that once I do enable the "Disable optimized VertexInfo reading" option that the graphical error stops and everything looks fine, but it runs at 14-15 fps.

Thanks again for your time.
To further analyze the incorrect rendering of graphics on your hardware, the following information would be helpful:
- keep the same video options as in your last post, i.e. only enabling
Code:
[X] Use vertex cache
[X] Use shaders
- Start the game and go to the place with incorrect graphics.
- Pause the game.
- Select Debug -> Tools -> Debugger. A new window will appear.
- in the debugger window, under "Misc", press "Capture next frame"
- Press "Run": the game will restart just for one frame and all the textures and intermediate rendered images will be dumped. Wait for the game to automatically come back to "Pause" again (this could take several minutes).
- Press "Run", but do not move in the game!
- Select the video options, deselect "Use vertex cache", select "Disable optimized VertexInfo reading", press "Apply". You should now only have the following video options enabled:
Code:
[X] Use shaders
[X] Disable optimized VertexInfo reading (may improve compatibility)
- The graphics should now be displayed correctly in your game.
- Pause again the game.
- In the debugger window, under "Misc", press "Capture next frame"
- Press "Run" again: this will take a new dump of all the frames but this time with a correct rendering. Wait for the game to automatically come back to "Pause" again (this could take several minutes).

Collect all the images "*.bmp" created directly under tmp + the log file (don't forget the log file). This could be huge! Upload the files somewhere and post the link here.

Thank you for your support!
Thank you for the dumps!

Could you test r3223 (exactly this revision, not a newer one) from http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/

I've temporary disabled a feature and I'm wondering if this is the one causing problems on AMD/ATI. At least, this is what appears to happen from the frame dumps...
(06-09-2013, 07:41 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the dumps!

Could you test r3223 (exactly this revision, not a newer one) from http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/

I've temporary disabled a feature and I'm wondering if this is the one causing problems on AMD/ATI. At least, this is what appears to happen from the frame dumps...

Re-ran the same tests as before, here are the log files http://www.fileswap.com/dl/eITwUfalMt/
Oddly enough though, with that revision when "Disable optimized VertexInfo reading" was set to off during the first test, the game was running at 15fps or so and some of the textures were actually in the correct place (as opposed to none at all averaging 3fps). Unfortunately the game was still going on average of around 15-18 fps under either set of settings. Also during the second set of tests the one with vertex cache set to off, none of the character or animal textures appear, I forgot to mention that last time.
Pages: 1 2