EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Can't connect two computers in LAN via AdHoc Multiplayer (MHFU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi there!

You guys are doing a fantastic job with this emulator, it's going along nicely. Lately I was able to play with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (EUR, PAL, ULES01213), it has some errors like almost no sound, some minor stuttering...etc.

I thought I'll play with a friend over Tunngle, which is a VPN-like software that emulates LAN over the Internet (in case you didn't know, it's similar to Hamachi, Leaf, Wippien, Garena...etc), but it didn't work, we couldn't see each other. I've read that it doesn't work over the Internet, but this should be an emulated LAN-interface, it could work.

Since I have two computers, I tried out the game on a real LAN using my PC and my bro's PC. It didn't connect, no matter what we tried. I tried out the "2 emulators on the same PC"-method, and I could connect to myself.

After browsing some topics, I logged some information of the game, when I started it and by going into the Gathering Hall. In case you didn't know, Monster Hunter's Multiplayer works like this: All players get into a Gathering Hall (or Lobby), and as they enter they can see each other, interact with each other...etc, start a Quest, join Quest, and then they can go on a Quest.

I've made a Log-file (33 MB), I've used this filter for it in my LogSettings.xml:

<logger name='hle.sceNetAdhoc'> <level value='trace' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.sceNetAdhocctl'> <level value='trace' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.sceNetAdhocMatching'> <level value='trace' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.sceNet'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
<logger name='hle.sceUtility'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
<logger name='compiler'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>

I've attached the log to this topic, too. What I did is I started the game, loaded up my savegame, went into the Gathering Hall in Online mode, and waited a bit. I used JPCSP v0.6 2956:2957 for this (the one on the front page), and used Ad-Hoc Channel 1.

I'll watch this thread whenever I can, hoping that I can help you guys fix this problem, or you may help me fix it, so that everyone can play with the best PSP-game ever made Smile
The network has improved in r2968.
Please redo the log in rev2982 or newer version.Thanks.
(02-11-2013, 09:10 PM)The_Reaper_CooL Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there!

You guys are doing a fantastic job with this emulator, it's going along nicely. Lately I was able to play with Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (EUR, PAL, ULES01213), it has some errors like almost no sound, some minor stuttering...etc.

I thought I'll play with a friend over Tunngle, which is a VPN-like software that emulates LAN over the Internet (in case you didn't know, it's similar to Hamachi, Leaf, Wippien, Garena...etc), but it didn't work, we couldn't see each other. I've read that it doesn't work over the Internet, but this should be an emulated LAN-interface, it could work.

Since I have two computers, I tried out the game on a real LAN using my PC and my bro's PC. It didn't connect, no matter what we tried. I tried out the "2 emulators on the same PC"-method, and I could connect to myself.

After browsing some topics, I logged some information of the game, when I started it and by going into the Gathering Hall. In case you didn't know, Monster Hunter's Multiplayer works like this: All players get into a Gathering Hall (or Lobby), and as they enter they can see each other, interact with each other...etc, start a Quest, join Quest, and then they can go on a Quest.

I've made a Log-file (33 MB), I've used this filter for it in my LogSettings.xml:

I've attached the log to this topic, too. What I did is I started the game, loaded up my savegame, went into the Gathering Hall in Online mode, and waited a bit. I used JPCSP v0.6 2956:2957 for this (the one on the front page), and used Ad-Hoc Channel 1.

I'll watch this thread whenever I can, hoping that I can help you guys fix this problem, or you may help me fix it, so that everyone can play with the best PSP-game ever made Smile
I would need the log files on both computers with the following lines in LogSettings.xml, both using latest Jpcsp (r2982):
Code:
<logger name='network'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>

Thank you!
I've made another test with JPCSP v0.6 2958:2982, and attached the logs.

What I did is that I started up the game on "Log-2", and went to the Gathering Hall, but didn't choose a Hall number (Lobby). I went here with "Log-1", and I tried to get into the Hall at the exact same time on both PC's.

What happened is that I couldn't see anyone on "Log-1", but on "Log-2" I saw another name (it was the same, I use the same savegame and files, but it shouldn't conflict based on prior testings with "2 emus 1 PC"). Just the name, no other information, character model...etc was working.

This was on a real LAN, I didn't test it on Tunngle (yet)

BTW Log-1 is my PC, Log-2 is my bro's PC.
(02-12-2013, 11:46 AM)The_Reaper_CooL Wrote: [ -> ]I've made another test with JPCSP v0.6 2958:2982, and attached the logs.

What I did is that I started up the game on "Log-2", and went to the Gathering Hall, but didn't choose a Hall number (Lobby). I went here with "Log-1", and I tried to get into the Hall at the exact same time on both PC's.

What happened is that I couldn't see anyone on "Log-1", but on "Log-2" I saw another name (it was the same, I use the same savegame and files, but it shouldn't conflict based on prior testings with "2 emus 1 PC"). Just the name, no other information, character model...etc was working.

This was on a real LAN, I didn't test it on Tunngle (yet)

BTW Log-1 is my PC, Log-2 is my bro's PC.
It looks like the PC from Log-1 is not receiving anything, not a single message from PC 2.
Is there maybe a firewall on PC 1 blocking all the requests?

Note: PC 2 is correctly receiving messages from PC 1, but the other way round doesn't work.
Log-1 is my PC, and I do have a Firewall, but Java isn't blocked on any way on it. Nevermind, I turned off my Firewall, and this is what happened (logs attached):

TEST 1:

So as I said I turned off my Firewall, and tried to connect the two PC's together. First I went in the Lobby with my PC (Log-1-new), and then I went into the Lobby with my bro's PC (Log-2-new). I mean I only WANTED TO enter the Lobby, because it wouldn't let me, no matter what I tried. I either had to close the emulator, or exit the lobby from my PC (Log-1-new). If I tried it the other way, as in my Bro went into the Lobby first, and I second, then the same thing happened as before (PC 1 sees nothing, PC 2 sees a name, and that's all).

TEST 2:

A friend of mine thought that we should test this out on Tunngle, using my bro's PC and his. We started Tunngle, did a test, but the same thing has happened (his PC is Log-3). He didn't close the emulator, but I started to test it with my bro's PC, first my bro's emulator "froze" (wouldn't enter the Lobby, see Log-2-b), and then he went into the Lobby first, but now no name was seen on either side (see Log-2-c). Interesting thing is that even thought we couldn't see each other, a connection was still made over Tunngle, noting that it mattered who went first into the Lobby.

Again:

Log-1-new -> My log with Firewall disconnected on a real LAN
Log-2-new -> My bro's log on real LAN, and he can't connect to the Lobby if I'm in first
Log-2-b -> My bro's log over Tunngle, can't connect to Lobby
Log-2-c -> My bro's log over Tunngle, he went into the Lobby first, but nothing else happened
Log-3 -> Our friend's log over Tunngle, nothing happened (went into the Lobby first, exited after 3-4 mins, went into Lobby second)

The logs (couldn't upload it here due to filesize upload limit): LINK
I don't know if I can bump a topic up, but can anyone say something constructive or anything to help us improve this? Maybe look at the logs, or ask us to test something...etc?
A long time ago, in a topic far far away...

*Dun... DUNNN! Du-du-du-DUUUNNN... DUNNN!!! Du-du-du-DUUUNNN... DUNNN... Dududu-DUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN...*

I thought I'd bump this topic up in hopes that someone could help me with this. I tried this out with almost all revisions, but it didn't work, only on the same computer.

So if someone could help me with this I'd appreciate it Smile
Sorry for not responding earlier.

From the log file on your brother's PC, it looks like Jpcsp thinks some PSP button is pressed and it is waiting for this button to be released...
I've added further debug information for
Code:
15:45:48  INFO hle.sceUtility - user_main - sceUtilityNetconfInitStart 0x09A1DB0C-0x09A1DB50: SceUtilityNetconf[address=0x09A1DB0C, netAction=2, groupName=MHP2Q000, timeout=0]

Could you try again with r3147? I just need logs for the case generated for Log-1-new and Log-2-new (i.e. real LAN without firewall). Both computers were able to communicate so it seems that the LAN connection is fine.
(05-19-2013, 07:44 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for not responding earlier.

From the log file on your brother's PC, it looks like Jpcsp thinks some PSP button is pressed and it is waiting for this button to be released...
I've added further debug information for
Code:
15:45:48  INFO hle.sceUtility - user_main - sceUtilityNetconfInitStart 0x09A1DB0C-0x09A1DB50: SceUtilityNetconf[address=0x09A1DB0C, netAction=2, groupName=MHP2Q000, timeout=0]

Could you try again with r3147? I just need logs for the case generated for Log-1-new and Log-2-new (i.e. real LAN without firewall). Both computers were able to communicate so it seems that the LAN connection is fine.

No problem, I'm a patient guy Big Grin

I tried it with r3147, still no luck, but at least I've used the filter you've provided.

My PC is log-PC1, my bro's is log-PC2.

Link: Logs.rar

Edit:
I want to ask first before doing anything: If I provide two logs, both running from my PC with 2 emulators (because I can connect 2 emulators together on the same PC), would it be useful to you or not? If yes, I'll do some logging Smile

Edit 2:
Meh, did it anyways Big Grin

Link for same PC connection (that works): Logs-SamePC
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6