EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Sony ATRAC3 Audio Codec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found this Sony ATRAC3 Audio Codec and if some one can implement it on the JPCSP.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/sony..._codec.htm
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/So...13798.html
No, we need atrac3+. It's much different from Atrac3. Stop asking for this, we all know about it in the team, if a new software comes to do the decoding we will know about it (yeah, we're that good).
(05-24-2010, 12:11 PM)Orphis Wrote: [ -> ]No, we need atrac3+. It's much different from Atrac3. Stop asking for this, we all know about it in the team, if a new software comes to do the decoding we will know about it (yeah, we're that good).

I hope JPCSP will improve better with audio... Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
k. I have no problem there, but it is a pain, I dont have a real PSP.
You should have one, the emulator isn't intended for piracy. Owning games without a PSP is kind of pointless.
(05-24-2010, 10:21 PM)Orphis Wrote: [ -> ]You should have one, the emulator isn't intended for piracy. Owning games without a PSP is kind of pointless.
But having a psp and emulator too isn't pointless?Tongue
emulators are for learning the hardware, debugging the psp hardware and accomplishing something, trying to emulate it as close as possible to the real hardware, they are good for testing homebrew applications before testing on the real psp, its not intended for Piracy.

Do you think the devs could even create jpcsp without a psp?.... simple answer is no.

think of the skill it takes to create something like this or any emulator. (maybe even more skill then what it took to create the psp, everything has to be re-converted to a compatible pc instruction, not to mention very little information on the hardware, everything has to be debugged decoded or reversed engineered)
Of course not. It's interesting because of the increased resolution and a few additional features we can have.
(05-24-2010, 11:00 PM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]emulators are for learning the hardware, debugging the psp hardware and accomplishing something, trying to emulate it as close as possible to the real hardware, they are good for testing homebrew applications before testing on the real psp, its not intended for Piracy.

Do you think the devs could even create jpcsp without a psp?.... simple answer is no.

think of the skill it takes to create something like this or any emulator. (maybe even more skill then what it took to create the psp, everything has to be re-converted to a compatible pc instruction, not to mention very little information on the hardware, everything has to be debugged decoded or reversed engineered)
You are right about that,for every emulator to be made,you must know how every part of the console you are emulating works.But,i rather think that people,use emulators because they don't have the requied console,to play something,not to study it,find coding problems in source,debug it,although that would be really usefull.That's something you are doing Smile and it would be perfect to have more and more people like that.About ,,additionall features'' Orphis mentioned,in my opinion,PSP is still a way to advanced console to emulate perfectly (due to the little hardware information-one of the reasons).So,i doubt there will be any additional features soon...:S
well the developers might have a different agenda then what the average user uses it for, but to use it legally to play commercial games you should own a PSP, if not then you're breaking the law or a few laws considering you probably don't own the game(s) either, besides for that announcing it just makes you looked down upon and you will get more criticism then support and a reason for us not to help.
anyhow most non legit users will be disappointed since alot of games are encrypted and you can only decode them on a real PSP Smile

the reason i use Jpcsp is what Orphis said can have higher resolution, I like to debug & test things , I would help develop but I'm not good with Java
Pages: 1 2