EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Automated and official SVN builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
The server has being moved and the DNS updated. Wait until the DNS cache of your ISP (or from your computer) get refreshed.
I already know the buildbot is having some problem right now, stop messaging me please ! It's been like 10 messages today ! Tongue
I'm building the packages by hand for now, everything should be fixed soon !
whats going on with the latest updates and svn builds? it seems like everything is wonked and out of sync as far as the latest jpcsp updates go. the r2029 date it was posted was 3-17-2011 says as for as commit log or comment log whichever the case may be use jdk method. I don't even know what jdk method is. loading a umdimage or even a cso doesn't work it just locks up the program to where you have to use the task manager to shut it down. is there a stable svn build we can use till all of these ati/graphics issues are sorted out and jpcsp is once again usable as a psp emulator?
SVN revisions are beta "in-development" so not every revision will fix bugs or speed up jpcsp, developers use SVN to commit new code (ie add in new features / code / compatibility) but the outcome isn't always positive right away.

as for the comment on 2029
http://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/source/detail?r=2029
that i can understand but still using the most up to date version is generally the best choice but now thats not the case since video compatibly is nil and all that fun stuff. anyway i'm sure it will get worked out eventually

(03-17-2011, 10:23 AM)hyakki Wrote: [ -> ]SVN revisions are beta "in-development" so not every revision will fix bugs or speed up jpcsp, developers use SVN to commit new code (ie add in new features / code / compatibility) but the outcome isn't always positive right away.

as for the comment on 2029
http://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/source/detail?r=2029
Sad r2038 is still more or less unusable. nothing and i mean absolutely nothing is playable it all crashes on load up of an iso or cso. its rather disappointing really everything after build 1994 is aboutr when the whole emu stopped working. due to i don't know if it was ati video card related issues or what but as i have stated anything after build 1994 is when the emu just stopped working or being able to play any cso or iso psp games.
It's got nothing to do with the automated builds, please keep the discussions of other subjects in the other forums.
The SVN builds are more to make improvements, not to use to play games. If something gets broken, or fixed, all of us trying out each build can comment on what went wrong and post a log. If you see an official build that doesn't work, that is a little different. But you have to remember too, people are working on these for free. They also make no claims of perfection.

I have got a lot of the SVN builds working lately. There have been both improvements and setbacks. But that is the point.
what do you mean its got nothing to do with the automated builds? m it has everything to do with them! I mean come on you expect someone to just download what is in the sites download area when they could be using the most up to date version if it was stable and didn't go through so many changes? i mean jpcsp should be just like any other emulator. example would be pcsx2, they release a beta version to the public and keep trying to improve said beta version till it is bug free. then they post the new bug free version of the emulator for download. same should go here.

(03-21-2011, 11:38 AM)Orphis Wrote: [ -> ]It's got nothing to do with the automated builds, please keep the discussions of other subjects in the other forums.
(03-22-2011, 10:41 AM)mordaki987 Wrote: [ -> ]what do you mean its got nothing to do with the automated builds? m it has everything to do with them! I mean come on you expect someone to just download what is in the sites download area when they could be using the most up to date version if it was stable and didn't go through so many changes? i mean jpcsp should be just like any other emulator. example would be pcsx2, they release a beta version to the public and keep trying to improve said beta version till it is bug free. then they post the new bug free version of the emulator for download. same should go here.

Orphis provides these builds with his own bandwidth and for convenience, they have nothing to do with the development of Jpcsp.
If you want to report an issue search the forum for the game thread and post a log / info about the problem, no one cares if you use these builds just post reports in the correct section.

offtopic but..
as for pcsx2 , that emulator will never release compiled up-to date svn builds so I'm not sure where you got this info but its wrong (last public beta was r3881 and current is at r4470), in order to use the latest you need to compile it yourself, just like you would have to do with Jpcsp if Orphis didn't provide his buildbot services Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15