EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Patch feature not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As written in Readme, patches are supposed to overwrite any configuration that we have made manually into whatever written in that patch file... This is really helpful when we play many games that require specific configuration.

For testing purpose, I tried FF Crisis Core [ULUS10336] with this configuration :
Code:
[ ] Disable VBO (automatically disabled if not supported)
[ ] Only GE graphics (not recommended for homebrew)
[X] Use vertex cache
[X] Use shaders (experimental)
[X] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
[ ] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[ ] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
[X] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[X] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask" (more accurate but slower)
[1000] Maximum method size
The game runs smoothly at 40 - 50 FPS.

Then I copy it from ' Settings.properties ' and save into ULUS10336.patch in folder "patches".

After that, I leave everything unchecked, expecting that the game will still run similar as before since JPCSP is supposed to load configuration from that patch file.
However, the result is far from what's expected. The game runs at 30 FPS and stutters.

This is tested using r2341.
I've asked Hykem about this issue since r2313, and got a reply that gid somewhat forgot to add several video related options to the patch code section in the MainGUI.java and that this will be fixed in later build.
But until r2341, this doesn't seem to be fixed yet...

Could someone please confirm this..?
Thanks.
(10-12-2011, 12:14 PM)tr4nquility Wrote: [ -> ]I've asked Hykem about this issue since r2313, and got a reply that gid somewhat forgot to add several video related options to the patch code section in the MainGUI.java and that this will be fixed in later build.
But until r2341, this doesn't seem to be fixed yet...
I was working on a large rewrite of the settings&patches handling. Patches can now include every Jpcsp setting in r2345.
I'm still working on the ability to change settings "on the fly", i.e. when a game is running.
Tried r2349 and the emu freezes whenever I try to exit the emu/stop emulation while a game is running and uses a patch. If I remove the patch, everything is fine. All I have in the patch file is just one or two settings usually. Occurs on all games. Log shows nothing, as soon as I try to exit, the whole thing just halts. The only way to exit the emu at this point is to kill the process, nothing else does the job.

I like the patch system but this is annoying as heck. Hopefully you can address soon. I never tried using patches before so not sure if it's always been like this. Let me know if you need anything else on this.
Confirmed this lockup issue was introduced with recent patch changes. Worked fine a few revs ago (confirmed with r2334).

Update:
I removed the Patches dir and its still happening - it's just not 100% i guess and it seemed to be when I was running a game that had a patch. idk, I'm sleepy. Off to bed. Hopefully you can sort this out!