EmuNewz Network

Full Version: is posible jpcsp in ps2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, i´m very impressed with the jpcsp progress, and would be awesome if this emu could be played in ps2, ps2 was a amazing thin console and practice, well i think that ps2 is die for the Latest Ads and many companies said: no more games for ps2...but play jpcsp in ps2 can be a solution for to play new games in ps2

is a good option to use the old but good ps2 console: ) HeartBig Grin
it's impossible.
It's insane, because (if it possible) it will run slow as hell. :p
well i suppouse that: if the psp emu is in c++ runs good ...
there are a pcsx2 emu running on psp... and psp is a low graphics console compared with a real ps2.....psp is like a sega dreamcast in graphics ~ 128mb or something, i think that it can be posible if some dev wants Wink

jpcsp has a low speed because the java system was not created to does works with 3d graphics...but c++ works at full hardware and is a system more faster
the ps2 is slightly more powerful than the psp. Only slightly, even with amazing optimizations it is impossible. 3 day Ban, do more research about emulation and stop making stupid threads like this
(05-05-2010, 06:52 PM)saintseiya Wrote: [ -> ]hi, i´m very impressed with the jpcsp progress, and would be awesome if this emu could be played in ps2, ps2 was a amazing thin console and practice, well i think that ps2 is die for the Latest Ads and many companies said: no more games for ps2...but play jpcsp in ps2 can be a solution for to play new games in ps2

is a good option to use the old but good ps2 console: ) HeartBig Grin

1) Java is not available for PS2 or at least I think so.
2) Java is too much slow, so JPCSP is not a solution for anything less powerful than a powerful PC.
3) Supposing we can have a c++ PSP emulator running on PS2, we still need a very good dynarec. Sure PS2 and PSP may have a lot of similarity in hardware, but you need a full access to PS2 hardware and it is not even sure it can be enough.
the problem is that there is no human that wants to do it
Quote:psp is like a sega dream cast in graphics ~ 128mb or something
stop repeating this line, both ps2 and psp have only 32 mb of ram, not 128.

edit: lol, wait, the other two are just spambots that copy other people's post contents while spamming to both look less obvious and to promote their links with illegal counterfeit item sales.