EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Dissidia: Final Fantasy - ULUS10437
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If someone can help me i would appreciate... I'm not getting the menu screens... Don't know what is happening.
i'm using jpcsp r3288 and my problem is the text!!!!!!!The text in game is scattered around !!!! How can I fix it ?
I may be wrong but it seems that both duodecim and dissidia are not working anymore since last time i tested them (1 year ago). I tried every videos build proposed and the less ugly i have is this :
http://i.imgur.com/UpcdqQt.png

Any ideas ?
(05-27-2013, 05:19 AM)riyosakura Wrote: [ -> ]I have already used the optimal setting to my jpcsp...but it still running 12~15fps...
I have core I3 1.8GHz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia 635M 2GB, Win 8 32bit...

Is there any solution for my problem??
i'm using jpcsp r3129...

I thought the problem must be because my laptop running hybrid nvidia card...probably the jpcsp detect my intel graphic driver instead of nvidia 635M...do you guys have any solution for my problem??

You can change it. Go to the control pannel of your video card, and if your computer is really equiped with 2 you can select which one he uses.
I have played this game a long time on JPCSP to and from, so I decided to play again and downloaded the latest rev. The problem is that sometimes when I start quick battle, after I press to load the map, it just freezes at a white screen. I have never had this issue before and otherwise the game runs great. It is frustrating to have it freeze like this randomly. Makes me less inclined to try story mode again too, since there is no way you can save if the game crashes/freezes.

Does anyone else have this issue and did they find a work-around?

EDIT
I think I managed to get around the freezes when loading maps by increasing xms size and whatnot to the double, but now I ran into an error where the Cosmos/Dissidia map kind of froze after I finished the map and it was showing the items gained and so on. It just stopped rotating, my character didn't show (it had also been flashing a lot during that time in some prior games but not freezing) and I couldn't click anything or move forward. All I saw was the background as a static image, but the music was still playing. I have not received any error messages for these freezes which perplexes me more.

EDIT2
I managed to get around the white screen freeze when loading certain maps (also, it's very consistent what maps and when that refuse to load, making me think that it has something to do with the rev/graphics) but instead I get these kinds of freezes:
[Image: pspfail_zps5a353d5b.png]

I tried the latest rev released just recently today being 3403, and the issue persists. I am not sure there's any point for me to provide with a log since I run a homebrew version of the US version of the game. I might try to get ahold of a normal US version and see if the same issue persists. Then it has to be with the rev and not the game, though I've played this homebrew version of the game before on previous revs just fine, so I don't know what the issue is, to be honest. It feels like I've tried almost every setting as well, and none really has any effect.

The best graphics settings still seem to be:
Enable GE Graphics
Shaders
Enable Saving GE Texture to Screen
Disabled optimized VertexInfo

EDIT3
To confirm, I tried Lunar Subterrane map again but not on Story Mode and same result. I will see if this persists with other maps too.

EDIT4
So I tried a much older rev and now it seems to load properly.
The main reason that games like Dissidia: Final Fantasy and its prequel, Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy have the white screen problem is because of the revision to the GE Processing which allows NOP Instructions in r3369. There were other revisions that would attempt to fix the problem such as r3391 and r3400, but this hasn't been fixed as of the latest revision (r3404). Either more NOP Instructions needs to be allowed by the GE or parts of the GE needs to be revised. For now, stick to an earlier revision that does not have this problem (before r3369).
(10-08-2013, 03:30 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: [ -> ]The main reason that games like Dissidia: Final Fantasy and its prequel, Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy have the white screen problem is because of the revision to the GE Processing which allows NOP Instructions in r3369. There were other revisions that would attempt to fix the problem such as r3391 and r3400, but this hasn't been fixed as of the latest revision (r3404). Either more NOP Instructions needs to be allowed by the GE or parts of the GE needs to be revised. For now, stick to an earlier revision that does not have this problem (before r3369).
All right. I figured it had something to do with recent revisions since this is a new error at least with the original Dissidia, and the error was persistent even when I tried some earlier revs or different game versions, meaning the homebrew can't be the cause.

I guess I stick to earlier revs until this is fixed. I don't think I lose out much compatibility-wise at this point anyway.
This game was tested with r3405. The same problems with the NOP Instructions and incorrect graphics/blurry cutscenes still appear. The SAVEDATA can not be made correctly (using Crypto) when prompted by the user, as the PARAM.SFO that is generated is a blank file (0 bytes). Attempting to load this SAVEDATA on JPCSP will cause the emulator to crash. Trying to load the SAVEDATA on a real PSP will result in Corrupted Data being displayed (3rd Picture).
(10-15-2013, 06:52 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: [ -> ]This game was tested with r3405. The same problems with the NOP Instructions and incorrect graphics/blurry cutscenes still appear. The SAVEDATA can not be made correctly (using Crypto) when prompted by the user, as the PARAM.SFO that is generated is a blank file (0 bytes). Attempting to load this SAVEDATA on JPCSP will cause the emulator to crash. Trying to load the SAVEDATA on a real PSP will result in Corrupted Data being displayed (3rd Picture).

This issue should have been fixed in r3406. Could you please test it again? Thanks!
The game was tested on r3406. JPCSP generates the SAVEDATA (using Crypto) correctly with the PARAM.SFO having the correct file size (4.79 KB). SAVEDATA created by JPCSP (using Crypto) can be loaded fine without any problems. Other problems listed from other posts still exist on this revision.

EDIT: When it comes to loading the SAVEDATA on a PSP, it appears as Corrupted Data. In order to get the SAVEDATA to actually be recognized and loadable on a PSP, I need to move the JPCSP (using Crypto) SAVEDATA into PPSSPP and save once using that emulator. Then I can move the SAVEDATA onto the PSP and load it.