EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Dissidia: Final Fantasy - ULUS10437
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Doesn't say what kind of graphics you got. It makes quite the difference seeing your CPU is a bit on the weak side. 3.0 GHz dualcore is considered minimum for JPCSP emulation.
(11-09-2011, 01:08 AM)LeaT Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't say what kind of graphics you got. It makes quite the difference seeing your CPU is a bit on the weak side. 3.0 GHz dualcore is considered minimum for JPCSP emulation.

really? but crisis core works fine.... Sad
(11-09-2011, 06:20 PM)alpha_prime99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2011, 01:08 AM)LeaT Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't say what kind of graphics you got. It makes quite the difference seeing your CPU is a bit on the weak side. 3.0 GHz dualcore is considered minimum for JPCSP emulation.

Fine does not mean it runs at full speed. Out of curiosity, what FPS do you get running CC with many monsters on the combat screen during combat mode, like at the introduction?
(11-10-2011, 10:08 PM)LeaT Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2011, 06:20 PM)alpha_prime99 Wrote: [ -> ]

Fine does not mean it runs at full speed. Out of curiosity, what FPS do you get running CC with many monsters on the combat screen during combat mode, like at the introduction?

if i remember right I got around 10-15 fps
btw my graphics driver isnt anything special either...its an intel HD graphics driver. tbh i wasnt expecting to play dissidia on full speed anyway just a bit faster than 1 fps

You can get away with a somewhat weak GPU, though. Also, Dissidia seems to hate some people as it doesn't matter what settings you use, you still get crap FPS. If you don't get more than 1 FPS using the recommended settings at the start of this thread there is little that can be done about it, more than trying out later revs and see if that improves it (but for now, undoubtly as speed is not the main concern but rather compability).
(11-11-2011, 12:15 PM)LeaT Wrote: [ -> ]You can get away with a somewhat weak GPU, though. Also, Dissidia seems to hate some people as it doesn't matter what settings you use, you still get crap FPS. If you don't get more than 1 FPS using the recommended settings at the start of this thread there is little that can be done about it, more than trying out later revs and see if that improves it (but for now, undoubtly as speed is not the main concern but rather compability).

yeah guess ill just have to play the waiting game for now. Thanx for help dude!
Hi! Haven't posted for a while...

Sorry to be a bother, but I'm still having the same problems with Dissidia despite the newer builds (the last one I had was r2260 but I have r2367 now). First of all, I still have the 'balding characters' issue...

[Image: BaldCloud2.png]

[Image: BaldTidusandGlow.png]

[Image: Bald.png]

And the 'sparkling like Edward Cullen' effect. It's not very noticeable in a still screenshot, but the characters 'sparkle' every time they move. You can see a little sparkling light on Zidane's right elbow in the following image. Also, the bridges of light (that's what I call the glowing bridges you ride on) waver and have a 'wavy' effect. In the actual PSP, the light bridges are much more steady and neither do characters sparkle. Turning on vertex cache fixes all this but drives the FPS way down to 6-9 which is practically unplayable.

[Image: Glow2.png]

The biggest problem for me however, is this:

[Image: Crash.png]

During battle, the emulator may randomly freeze and my whole computer becomes unresponsive before the entire computer screen turns black and turns back on again with the notice informing me that my AMD driver had stopped responding and has recovered. JPCSP is still running and I can still hear the music but the emulator window is completely gray and nothing shows up on the command box. This has never happened before except with this new build. Changing Maximum method size to 50 (previously 100) didn't do anything either.

Funny thing is, it happens in Crisis Core too, also during battle.

On the plus side, FPS during cut scenes has improved a considerable bit since r2260, which is really great! Big Grin

My settings:

- Only GE graphics
- Enable GE Screen to Textures instead of Memory

- Use compiler
- Maximum Method Size = 50

- Ignore invalid memory access

Can someone please help me? I've tried fiddling with the settings but nothing seems to be working...
Also having issues with "sparkles". I tried various graphics combinations to no avail. The only thing that removes it is to remove shader option but if you remove shaders FPS drops quite a bit and the game obviously looks like shit. It also happens that characters are almost completely unrendered. Looks very funny for example if you play as or against Cloud and the only thing you see are his boots, sword, hands and some hair. They are always properly rendered after ex bursts though.

I also agree that vertex cache improves graphics but unfortunately it really slows down the gameplay. I have again found no working combination for this, whereas for example 012 works perfectly fine with vertex cache. Suffice to say, I think this game hates me which is sad because it's a great game.
Are your computer specs similar to mine? Looks like we more or less have the same problems. Except if I turn on shaders, I can't view cut scenes. The emulator screen goes black but I can hear the sound running perfectly in the background. I can't really find out what happens during EX Bursts since the AMD driver will act up before one is performed, but my graphics during battle is passable. The most noticeable flaw is when one of the characters is slammed into the ground - this doughnut of lines appears instead of the cracks and stuff then vanishes. But other than that, characters are rendered completely in battle from what I can see on my end.
No, my computer seems to be a bit more powerful than yours.

I am running a 3.1 ghz AMD quad, 4 GB RAM and Geforce 460 GTX OC version under Windows 7 64 bit.

I think the fact you are using an ATI card might make a difference here as mine is nVidia.

Also, do the sparkles effect vary depending on the map you play on? It sure does for me, where some maps don't seem to generate any sparkles and others to the degree where the graphics becomes blurry and actually looks worse. I have no issues with rendering crashing scenes a long I got shaders turned on. Otherwise it looks a bit funky, like the doughnut effect you describe. Also, character rendering is very random. I can start a fight with Cloud (I primarily play Cloud) completely rendered but after doing something (being hit or hitting) he might become unrendered to be rendered again after ex bursts. It's one thing I can live with though, although I admit one of the reasons I do play Cloud is because his AC outfit is so badass.