EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Dissidia: Final Fantasy - ULUS10437
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I kinda had a similar problem before. But it only happened during the cut-scenes. When I played Story Mode (I've only played Cloud's story so far) and I come to a cut scene, characters will be partially bald (ie Tidus has no fringe, Cecil's long hair is gone and Cloud is missing those giant lopsided spikes of hair). Battle scenes were fine for some reason, though. I tried all sorts of stuff and on my last try I updated the rev (from 2211 to 2239). Now Cloud's hair-do is back in all it's asymmetrical glory and Tidus no longer has a see through line above his face.

One thing that really drives me up the wall is the synchronisation of the audio and video in cut-scenes. There's about a 3-5 second delay between the them so the audio would be almost finishing the sentence before their mouths start moving. However, for some reason, the opening movie trailer is perfect. I simply don't understand! It's driving me mad! D:

P.S.: Something else to note all though it's very minor - the period before the start of any battle (when the playing character says something and the words 'vs. ....' appear) and when it ends (when the words 'FINAL BLOW' appear) are a little wonky. Sometimes it seems to play on normal PSP speed (even though FPS tells me it's 30, it feels like normal speed). Other times it's either faster or slower. I don't know what's triggering these, since I never touched my settings (both GE options only). Oh well, it's not that big of a problem anyway, when the battle starts FPS always drops to 15-ish.
Hello! I'm new to this forum and I have encountered a problem in Jpcsp r2255.

Whenever I load the Dissidia iso file (decrypted), the program instantly closes. I have recently reformated my computer, and this never happened before then (I can play Dissidia for about 10 fps). Can anyone please help me?

I have attached the error log file generated after Jpcsp closes.
(08-08-2011, 10:09 AM)yrguig Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! I'm new to this forum and I have encountered a problem in Jpcsp r2255.

Whenever I load the Dissidia iso file (decrypted), the program instantly closes. I have recently reformated my computer, and this never happened before then (I can play Dissidia for about 10 fps). Can anyone please help me?

From your error file:
Code:
JRE version: 7.0-b147
Jpcsp have not been tested in Java 7, only Java 6.
I test java7 and is work for me average 15fps

No recomended Vertex cache Slowdown 4-6fps vs 15fps

Attached photo for the best stable configuration (Using Nvidia).
(08-08-2011, 07:48 PM)gid15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2011, 10:09 AM)yrguig Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! I'm new to this forum and I have encountered a problem in Jpcsp r2255.

From your error file:
Code:
JRE version: 7.0-b147
Jpcsp have not been tested in Java 7, only Java 6.

Thank you for the reply.
I have (again) reformatted my computer. Though this time, it works! Still, I would like to know what the problem is back then...

P.S. I used the same version of Java as I did before.
Spoke too soon. Cloud's hair is missing again and Sephiroth with a pixie cut just looks bizarre. I never touched my settings, but during the cutscene near the end of Cloud's story (just before he battles Sephiroth) Cloud's hair was still OK while Sephiroth was partially bald. After the battle, they BOTH were bald. I really can't understand what the problem is (movie scenes are fine though). Strangely, the synchronisation of audio and video in cut-scenes are fine now... Cranky much? I'll update the rev again and see what happens.

Also, characters tend to glow in certain areas of their bodies (like they're fairies or something). I've tried shaders and dynamic shaders but they either result in invisible characters or a black screen where you can only see the subtitles.

EDIT: I tried using revs 2259 and 2260 - for some reason, graphics will flicker and flash during battle and the game will even randomly pause as if the player had hit the pause config button (although I didn't touch it) then hang. Also, halfway through a cutscene in Squall's story mode, JPCSP crashed (this happened on rev 2259).
I get an error during rendering, right after you do a new player profile, save data, and you skip the opening video

Quote:Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3
at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.drawCurvedSurface(VideoEngine.java:5589)
at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.drawSpline(VideoEngine.java:5482)
at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeCommandSPLINE(VideoEngine.java:2375)
at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeCommand(VideoEngine.java:1083)
at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeList(VideoEngine.java:820)
at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.update(VideoEngine.java:525)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceDisplay.paintGL(sceDisplay.java:1471)

in private void drawCurvedSurface (...)
int type = patch_prim_types[context.patch_prim]; <<< here

It only occurs on my computer, not on another one I could try. Also tryed different revs, and the latest, but it still dosen't change. Also how do I output an error trace? with an option of the emulator on start?
(08-09-2011, 04:47 PM)overgamer Wrote: [ -> ]I get an error during rendering, right after you do a new player profile, save data, and you skip the opening video

It only occurs on my computer, not on another one I could try. Also tryed different revs, and the latest, but it still dosen't change. Also how do I output an error trace? with an option of the emulator on start?

Now that's really odd... Huh
A primitive of type 3 is still valid, but should be ignored. However, there haven't been any reports of this issue until now.

By the way, what kind of error trace do you want to output? Most of the logging can be customized under Debug > Tools > Logger > Customize.
You should be able to select what kind of messages you want to filter and then just choose which logging level you want.
(08-09-2011, 05:09 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2011, 04:47 PM)overgamer Wrote: [ -> ]I get an error during rendering, right after you do a new player profile, save data, and you skip the opening video

A primitive of type 3 is still valid, but should be ignored. However, there haven't been any reports of this issue until now.

By the way, what kind of error trace do you want to output? Most of the logging can be customized under Debug > Tools > Logger > Customize.
You should be able to select what kind of messages you want to filter and then just choose which logging level you want.

Well anything that can help you to fix my issue. But it's really strange that it occurs only on my PC. I did try on my brother's pc, and he didn't have this problem. So yeah...
(08-09-2011, 05:25 PM)overgamer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2011, 05:09 PM)Hykem Wrote: [ -> ]

Well anything that can help you to fix my issue. But it's really strange that it occurs only on my PC. I did try on my brother's pc, and he didn't have this problem. So yeah...

Hmm...
For starters, try posting an INFO log (switch the OFF button to INFO in the Logger window) up to when the crash occurs. It should have enough GUI info to trace this down.