EmuNewz Network

Full Version: Dissidia: Final Fantasy - ULUS10437
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been getting a really weird problem lately. Basically one day I launched the game and noticed that all the text had been replaced by weird, distorted symbols. At first I thought they were Japanese or Chinese characters or something, but they just seem like random symbols at a closer look. I've no idea how that happened. It doesn't seem to be related to the Jpcsp language setting, I tried (re)setting it to English, with no success. In addition, the game crashes frequently in menus with the following error:

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6962447a, pid=5068, tid=2776
#
# JRE version: 6.0_24-b07
# Java VM: Java HotSpot™ Client VM (19.1-b02 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [atioglxx.dll+0x5f447a]

I also tried playing the game again in an older version of the emulator, and tried different savegames, but they all have the same issue and it never happened before. Is my ISO file possibly corrupted somehow?

Screenies & full log files in attachment. I guess I'll try again with a new ISO, unless it's got something to do with my system.
Nevermind, managed to fix it myself! Turns out I just had to restore default settings from my catalyst control center - the emulator doesn't like it if any of the settings are changed... Tongue
Managed to play the game to completion in the emulator today (played with Zidane through Destiny Odyssey to the end of Shade Impulse).

Only major problem I ever had was that the sound tended to die out after a while of playing. I've been trying to fiddle with various java memory settings but it seems completely random. Usually it starts with some sound effect SFX disappearing, until all of the sounds disappear, one by one. Sometimes I can play for an hour or so without it happening, sometimes it already happens in the first or second fight. Restarting the same fight over and over again also increases the chance of it happening. Any ideas?

Also, fullscreen now works without any problems in this game. Big Grin (save for the window not fitting the entire screen, but meh Tongue)
I tried doing that font thing on page 21-22 and now my text doesn't go off-screen anymore. But the dialogue test has gotten a lot smaller (I can still read it though, so it's no biggie). Is that normal?
i cant seem to make the bgms play even after letting the emulator self-decode the audio files and also doing hyakki's batch audio decoding. the other audios are ok, like sound effects and some voices (still cant hear scene sounds though). anyone have the same issues i have?
where do i download the game??
(06-29-2011, 07:25 AM)jax44 Wrote: [ -> ]where do i download the game??
Downloading games is piracy and sharing information about said pirated materials is illegal and will result in a ban from this forum.
(06-28-2011, 03:56 AM)ukiyaejl Wrote: [ -> ]i cant seem to make the bgms play even after letting the emulator self-decode the audio files and also doing hyakki's batch audio decoding. the other audios are ok, like sound effects and some voices (still cant hear scene sounds though). anyone have the same issues i have?

Did you download and install SonicStage?
yes i have, have decoded FF7CC successfully. but having problems with dissidia.
Well, I'm no tech genius, but my guess is that you need to decrypt the game with an actual PSP. If I'm not mistaken, certain revs can't decrypt Dissidia by themselves properly. I'm not having much problems though - I'm using rev 2135. Maybe you can try that?
ok ill try